Why did I stop playing MTT's?

• STR82ACE
      STR82ACE
      Bronze
      I've been concentrating my poker game on NL cash for the past few months, but today, I figured I would just play a MTT rebuy for 3.30euros on Supreme...a site I have been neglecting for quite awhile now.

Pretty much card dead the whole time, but managed to salvage my way to the final table after 115 players were knocked out, and got lucky once to when my KQs beat out AKo on the river, then started to get decent hands again.

Finally win the match for 244euros!!!

Someone please tell me why I stopped playing MTT's in the first place??
  • 5 replies
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze
      cus if you don't have the BR to play them they can be a bummer!
      Very nice win tho! :f_biggrin:
    • STR82ACE
      STR82ACE
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DecMate
      cus if you don't have the BR to play them they can be a bummer!
      Very nice win tho! :f_biggrin:
      I do have the BR to play the low buyin rebuys, but I found that the first hour is sooo fraking brutal with the lamest raises and calls, its hard not to go on tilt from it. I mean, I have never seen so many bad calls and raises and re raises in a game in my life as I do in the first hour of these games, its crazy.

But if you can survive the first hour of rebuy donkey-mania, you can usually do pretty well in the games overall I find.
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      I wouldn't go crazy playing a lot of MTT's right now just because you had one nice cash.
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hello!

Since 244$ seems a lot to you, I don't think you have the proper BRM for 3$ rebuy (250BI = 750$).

Also not worth it IMO since if you play a 3$ rebuy you should play the 50k GTD on stars and at least get a few k$ reward for luckboxing.

Regards,

Primzi
    • STR82ACE
      STR82ACE
      Bronze
      sheesh...tough crowd...tough crowd

not that the win is a lot for me, but it is the best MTT finish I have had to date. And yes, I do have the br to play them, just dont usually as I am focusing on my cash game lately.