Mansion Micro limit grind begins!

• conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      hey guys, ive been a member for a long while, but ive never gotten into the groove of posting here. Ive only really gotten active as I have begun to dabble in Limit holdem for the first time. I intend to keep this thread up to date every other day with how i'm going, and am going to be doing my best to improve my game along the way.

about me:

name: Conall
      background: student ( computer networking)
      history: has played 14k hands of nl cash and about 185 NLHE tourneys
      profitability: 1 MTT score on stars in a " challengers all stars Freeroll" when there was a challengers vs poker stars pro even on. busted 7th for $355 with TT, to an incorrect call ( forget details, gg me < $2.1k for first *sigh* >).

NLHE STT ROI of 14% over 200ish games at micro stakes ( $2+25).

basically I'm bored stupid doing NLHE SnG's, and intend to play limit from now on, as I'm tired of big field MTTs, and I hate the variance of NL cash.

my challenge: grind my 20 euro bankroll to 200 euros ( for starters)
      this will be a nice starting point, and since i'm currently busy atm ( job hunting, learning japanese, etc) I can only get in a few hundred hands a day.

anyone else doing something similar to this? would like to hear from you!

to profitable players at .25/.50 and beyond, any of you willing to take a look at some key hands or maybe HEM stats to help me Iron out some kinks? would be much appreciated. not sure if i'm getting screwed over alot or just making errors, but the sample is too small atm ( 800 hands played, so i'l wait a bit). the transition from NLHE to LHE seems to be a hard one!

Key hand of the day ( pokerhand dot org link)
  • 6 replies
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Hey Conall, nice to see yet another FL blog bringing the ratio of "chosen" blogs to weird variant, throw your chips in stylez poker into an increasingly more appropriate balance. :s_biggrin:

A couple of things..

Be aware, fixed limit hold 'em is every bit as variance heavy as NL, possibly more so. T There are no easy fixes I'm afraid when t comes to poker. Just be prepared to study hard, accept variance as your "yes, mistress" dominatrix and all will be sweetness and light.

As far as reviewing your hands and stats, can I direct you to the Acapulco lounge where Isaac the bar man is handing out all the advice you can handle (apologies for the "Love Boat" weird tangent there...). :f_ugly:

Posting hands is best directed here sir:

Hand evaluation boards

Posting stats or other FLHE type questions are best placed here:

Fixed limit strategy discussion

Good luck fella.. we'll read with interest!
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      yeah, ive taken a look at those and some sample hands already. I didn't expect the diff in variance to be much, its just that cost is spread around more decisions, which is what I would prefer.

I'l post my first graph and some stuff in the next day or two to give a low down of first impressions, almost played 1k hands now, things are looking up too :] .

I'm a DC member, so i'l be taking a look at some of their vids, i'm sure it'l help.
      until then, laterz :f_cool:
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Hey conall88!

I just had a look at one of the hands you posted and I noted you were trying to keep all your evaluated hands in one place.

If you're playing at Pokerstars, Full Tilt, Party Poker (and it also works for iPoker - ie Mansion, Titan) you can use the PS.com hand converter and database.

Hope this is of some help. Good luck! :f_cool:
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      things have been going reasonably well. almost reached Silver also ( 7 pts to go) which is a bonus.

Fixed limit has been soft on ipoker, but I notice there are less fish on Full Tilt, so I haven't been playing there much, and iPoker seems to have connection problems at the moment, which is a pain. I seem to have tightened up too much I believe, looking at my results ( ive been playing 6 handed). so I guess its time to get that checked out. if anyone has advice on adjusting ,it would be appreciated.

FL graph:

HU micro cash has been great, and I meet a fellow PS member (rank silver) and took his money from him ( always a bonus :D ), so i'm feeling good, however I have more experience than him for sure, ( had a stint playing .25/.50 on FT at one stage).

HUNL cash:

I did say i'd watch some DC videos, but Ive been busy, so thats gone out the window lol. Its on my agenda once I finish cleaning up, writing up a biz plan and inventory and other stuff ( starting up a computer store).

Tourney wise, I only played a $2k GTD rby on iPoker, and bubbled with the nuts,
      and played a 20+2 deepstack on Boss media. stacks were shallow and I was BvB with a guy that had stolen from the btn every time in the last 6 orbits of the blinds, so I just reshoved him with A9o, and he snaps me off with AK, obv thats just bad luck he had a hand this time, but what can you do. I'l win it next time :f_biggrin:
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      things have been going well lately in the HUNL side of things. I haven't really been playing FL, and haven't got much volume in. on the plus side of things, I took a stab at .5/.10 HUNL and stacked a fish , which is always great, so my mansion bankroll has increased by about 50%.

I decided to take out all the kash on my stars account last week ( ~$120). I figure i'l stick with playing micro's over at Ipoker. the sng rake on iPoker sucks to be honest, so I won't be playing SnG's. HUNL cash is going good atm though, thanks to my stint at HUNL .25/.50 over on stars with my brother teaching me. we ran bad, but I only lost about $60, so its all good.

I expected this to go faster in all honesty, but I guess a 50% increase in my bankroll is decent for 6k hands! :)
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      aint touched this in a looooooooong time. will probs remake this blog and just use it to keep track of results more than anything else...

whats happening now:

main games:

HUNL .25/.50
      5-25 euro MTTs, 20 and 40 euro Deepstack MTTs

playing at: Poker heaven.

Current graph & stats ( click me)

bankroll: E2,300