Downswing at microlimits

• michaelqian
      michaelqian
      Bronze
      Hi all

Looking for a little advice here.

Playing 1c/2c on Fulltilt. Firstly it went quite well, went from $42 to $54. In the last few days dropped $8 to about $56. Average playing time about 90 minutes a day.

I guess I can't post every hand, so won't post any specific hands. But overall in the last few days I've been getting quite a few bad beats, where my opponent had absolutely worthless starting hands, yet they call my preflop raise with when I hold AA, AK, KK etc... they somehow manage to hit two pair or sets with hands like 67o.

Maybe I'm playing too tight?

EDIT: I won 70% of the time when I had pockets Aces. However AK starting hands have cost me quite a bit of money.

EDIT Again: This is generally how I play preflop

AA, KK, raise regardless of my position.
      AK, QQ, raise in late position, or call a raise before me, fold to a huge raise.
      AQ, normally call a small raise
      JJ, TT, call in late position, probably fold early
      99 and below, only call in late position, SB, fold to a raise
      Ax, suited connectors, mostly fold, unless in late position with no raise before me
      All other hands fold

Any general advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
  • 2 replies
    • suhkam777
      suhkam777
      Bronze
      When U are playing FR with full stack You are way to tight. Try to expand Your starting hand range. Almost never call preflop. Always raise about size of pot and when somebody reraises you, then fold anything but the AA KK. With these try to go always All In. Almost never limp in.

Post flop when U are with one opponent always raise about 2/3 of a pot no matter You hit the flop or not(of course when opponent have not raise first).
      When U do not hit anything on turn, then just check and fold when opponent raises then.

And never slowplay AA.
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Hello!

Downswings can be possible at lower limits, but its not as likely as it is on higher limits.

I suggest you read through some of our No Limit Strategy Articles because it looks like youare playing too tight for Big Stack Strategy (100bb). In the articles you can find preflop charts to help improve your play ;)

You can also post hands on the hand evaluation boards. For BSS 1c/2c post here BSS NL5 - NL10

There are also many coachings available which you can find out about here - Coaching Schedule

I hope you find these links useful.

Good Luck at the tables!

-Jack