Botd

• 19 replies
    • andyb43
      andyb43
      Bronze
      Yeah, lets have another BOTD.

personally I preferred the BOTD's that wre not against the Spanish.

Maybe we could find a community the same size as ours to make make it fairer to play against................or just keep it to ourselves?
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      I was just thinking the same thing. I actually would love to take a shot at being the top donk :P Come on PokerStrategy, let's do another BoTD, I promise to play this time :D :P
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Don't want to speak for Soy/Vhallee of course, but I understand something is being looked into/worked on at the moment. It might take a while to organise though, so hang in there. No idea what the format will be yet.

Watch this space as they say :f_p:

Donkey Patrol ftw :P

Bart
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      Get it up and running.. Donkey Patrol ready to succeed :s_cool:
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      I'll be a weekly contender for sure :)
    • mishuq
      mishuq
      Bronze
      Originally posted by justkyle88
      I'll be a weekly contender for sure :)
      + a new 'most users at same time' record for the forum
    • kennyxx
      kennyxx
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kimber88
      THIS! :s_evil:
    • Cardbender
      Cardbender
      Bronze
      I'd be up for BotD again I will be busy over the next couple months but I will make time for a few Sundays.
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Team slovenia ftw! Or hand judge team? FL team?
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Primzi
      Team slovenia ftw! Or hand judge team? FL team?
      Lol and how do u plan to stake the Slovenian team? :P Also we'd have to have some sort of trials or something ... would take a while to put different teams together... I think it would be a logistical problem .. but maybe then at least the best players would get to go to the sunday million tournament and not every fish who swam by at the right time :P

Hmm ... maybe it could be an event similar to the top250 ... something with points for achievement but not quite as high prizes so PS.com doesn't go belly-up :P Like the original BoTD but maybe the big prize would be Strategy points or even a visit of the black-member party as top prize? Your events team seems to be lazy, look at how many good ideas I came up with in the past 10min lawl :P :f_cool: :f_biggrin:
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Slovenian FL team maybe? Corey, dippy, gape, burek, me...
    • rhinoneil
      rhinoneil
      Silver
      Yes bring back BOTD, but any chance we can have it at a better time slot. In the weekly vote recently, overwhelmingly the time when most people play is in the evening so why not go for an evening start time, say 1930 UK time or therabouts?
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      yes, bring it back

I'm very ashamed of my performance the last BOTD where I didn't even make the money once ( :f_cry: ). I want to get the victory for team soy to get my revenge :f_cool:

if the spanish gives us the rematch It would be nice, I have the feeling we gave up too easily only because they had us insanely outnumbered. I still think we had better players and could have got a better result.
    • sabo999
      sabo999
      Bronze
      If there is another BOTD i'll play -

i didn't know about the last one until it was almost over as i wasn't as up2date on the forum, but i'll keep a look out on this thread :D

Oh, and what site does it normally be played on Stars??
      Sabo :club:
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by sabo999

Oh, and what site does it normally be played on Stars??
      Sabo :club:
      Yes
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by rhinoneil
      Yes bring back BOTD, but any chance we can have it at a better time slot. In the weekly vote recently, overwhelmingly the time when most people play is in the evening so why not go for an evening start time, say 1930 UK time or therabouts?
      Since the English part of this community is spread all over the world, it will be hard to make an evening event for everyone.

I'm looking forward to this once again going down :)
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kennyxx
      +1 :s_grin:
    • Cardbender
      Cardbender
      Bronze
      ah botd... :)

I think if we do a vs against another community we should include prizes for each community as well. The Spaniards had the advantage to win cause of their numbers. This way the top community members will get something.

I would love to see only private tourneys and we could cut out the 15k or what ever it was we played. This will allow for shorter tourneys.

Maybe if we advertise to all communities we would get more entries. We would need translators to post obv...

I will not be in a stable location for the next few months cause I'm traveling starting up a couple companies but I will certainly try to make a few.

PS - The Spaniards are luck boxes they would suck out against us on the bubble and at the final table if I remember correctly.

:D good luck at the tables
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Dragar
      Originally posted by kennyxx
      +1 :s_grin:
      Yay!