Going to lose starting capital in 32h

• Bubalus
      Bubalus
      Bronze
      Hello!

To put it shortly, I am not able to collect 300 points required. At the moment I have $46 left and I am surely not gonna just give it away. So what I was thinking of is I could try Nl25 SSS or $3 and $6 SnG and hope for the best. As I have exams coming, I have only about 2-3h tonight, which leave me no good choices. Any suggestions maybe?

What I have realised over the three months is that poker needs lot of dedication. Especially at the beginning when you don`t now much what you are doing. Sure, I read beginner articles and got to know the ABC, but it is surely not enough to grind it out to bigger levels. Learning phase in the beginning could be really boring and irritating to build the basis. I think I didn`t have enough willingness to break through the.. I call it mud leage. When I completed ICM light lessons, I thought I had a slight edge over other players. Maybe, but I should have repeated it many times as I have made horrible decisions lately.
      I know that I am lacking of commitment and dedication to improve my game all the time. I tried to make my game very simple just remembering the starting charts and stick to them. And that is where problems occurred when my big cards got cracked over and over again. I wasn`t thinking about whether I played them correctly or not. It is always easier to blame others than to look through the situations.
      Some of the times I took poker too seriously/personal rather than enjoying the game. Although, there where times when I really enjoyed it and it was a great feeling. But maybe I am not just ready for poker yet.

Best to all,

Bubalus
  • 13 replies
    • zivkoleo
      zivkoleo
      Bronze
      Let me tell you something, my friend. :D

"You have the tool, you just don't know how to use it" (wtf did I just say) :f_confused:

Deposit the minimum and problem solved...
    • Bubalus
      Bubalus
      Bronze
      What you mean exactly I have the tool?:) I surely gonna take a brake for a while.
    • travoltaJOHNy
      travoltaJOHNy
      Bronze
      I think he wants to say tool = money.
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Hi Bubalus,

Sorry to hear, but im afraid that you new the terms and conditions at the start, when you recieved your capital.

The only answer is to deposit your own money and start again. Improve your play and maybe one day you can become a winning player :)

-Jack
    • Bubalus
      Bubalus
      Bronze
      Thanks for the advice, guess it is the best option. Tried some $3 SnG-s yesterday and won $16(so $12 profit). So before further steps I`ll try my best with $9 left :)
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      Originally posted by Bubalus
      Hello!
      I could try Nl25 SSS or $3 and $6 SnG and hope for the best.

Sure, I read beginner articles and got to know the ABC, but it is surely not enough to grind it out to bigger levels.

I know that I am lacking of commitment and dedication to improve my game all the time.

this is where your problem is and you know it too. no patience.

and by the second statement i am guessing that you lost your money playing low limits too?
    • Bubalus
      Bubalus
      Bronze
      Originally posted by excelgeo
      Hello!
      I could try Nl25 SSS or $3 and $6 SnG and hope for the best.

Sure, I read beginner articles and got to know the ABC, but it is surely not enough to grind it out to bigger levels.

I know that I am lacking of commitment and dedication to improve my game all the time.

this is where your problem is and you know it too. no patience.

and by the second statement i am guessing that you lost your money playing low limits too?

Yes, you are right. I don`t have patience and that`s a problem. In low limits it was very swingy. One day I climbed up a little, then dropped etc. My BR was almost always near to $50 +/-7. Highest: 69 Lowest: 43
    • pokerwOOt
      pokerwOOt
      Bronze
      hey i lost some 20 ndb br's before i learned to play :)
    • RockEye
      RockEye
      Bronze
      Patience is everything in poker and self control too. I've started from 50$ the second time and i am doing ok. The biggest problem is playing NL10 when two months ago i was beating NL50. This is a real test of patience for me. When i was playing NL50 i was down to 220$ from 540$ and went up to 400$ and dropped again on 200$ etc.
      Keep grinding and train your patience.
      Goodl luck.
    • Bubalus
      Bubalus
      Bronze
      I was playing Nl10 SSS before, no I try to beat NL2 SSS and so far it is not going so good. If I cant beat the lowest limit, what can I beat?:) Variance is so big there! I could deposite money and start playing Nl10 again, but maybe this time I want to prove that I can beat this limit, so much grinding.

GL to you at the tables too.
    • jessie11982
      jessie11982
      Bronze
      I know that I am lacking of commitment and dedication to improve my game all the time. I tried to make my game very simple just remembering the starting charts and stick to them. And that is where problems occurred when my big cards got cracked over and over again. I wasn`t thinking about whether I played them correctly or not. It is always easier to blame others than to look through the situations.
      Bubalus
      Hi Bubalus
      First thing you'll learn is patience (doesn't come easy, and i'm still learning).
      Second thing is perserverence (another thing i'm struggling with).
      Third is forgetting your ego (not suggesting it influences you, just saying: I'm personally always battling with this one).

Best way to start is by playing premium hands only, which having read your post you're already doing. Stick with it. Dont get bored when you're not involved in a hand, you're involved in the game, even when you're not playing your cards.
      Examples:
      Somone raises preflop, or even re-raises. What information does that give you. Would a player raise with AK AQ AJ KQ (what position did they raise from, early, middle, late. Did they re-raise). Post flop: Does the player often make continuation bets, will they check/bet/re-raise on a draw. Better still, do they often check top pair.

Tip: KK QQ JJ are dangerous cards to hold when there are over cards on the board, and your opposition is betting. Best thing to do unless you are ABSOLUTELY SURE they are not holding those over cards is to fold, especially on the flop. Hasnt cost you much to be involved, you're not commited to the pot (unless short stacked and thats a different issue).

On a personal note, before poker strategy, I've possibly lost in total around $1400 over a 3 year period. For the first time, I feel like i'm more in touch with the game, and am starting to experiment with it a little bit. Keep plugging away at it, gain your confidence a bit. Confidence in your ability is good. I've not made much since starting on here, but it is going up, and not down. Downs happen, it's frustrating, and no one likes it, but it will happen. Getting used to that takes alot of time.

Sorry if this whole post comes across as a jumbled mess.

Regards,
      Jessie11982
    • And3street
      And3street
      Bronze
      Well there isn't much to say, just keep faith and don't stop learning, like the alcoholics said "Keep walking".
      :) ))
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      Just send me whatever you have left, I'll put it to good use