Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $16,01
      CO:
      $17,67

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K:diamond: , Q:heart:
      Hero raises to $0,40, MP3 folds, CO calls $0,40, 3 folds.

Flop: ($0,95) 3:club: , 7:diamond: , 3:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,60, CO calls $0,60.

Turn: ($2,15) 9:diamond: (3 players)
      Hero bets $1,40, CO raises to $2,80, Hero calls $1,40.

River: ($7,75) Q:diamond: (3 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $5,00, Hero calls $5,00.

Final Pot: $17,75

How much should I bet on the turn? I figured it was worth calling his minraise for the flushdraw. On the river I didn't want him to come over the top, so I decided to check/call. Is this OK?
  • 6 replies
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      Turn: I would just C/C.
      If you bet you might face a big raise and you will have to fold. You don't to fold since you have more equity now with the king high FD.
      As played you are getting the right odds to call. I will start getting suspicious with this min raise. His line looks very strong, 77 or 99 are possible here.

River: As weak has it sounds I would conisder C/F. I don't see much we can beat, Might be a weaker flash (J or T) but it looks like I'm convincing myself that I'm ahead (which I don't think we are)
    • koaesica
      koaesica
      Bronze
      Lets say we c/c the turn. What do we do if the flush hits on the river? Check/call again? And how big bet are we ready to call?
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      After I C/C the turn I would probably B/F the the river instead of C/C or C/F.
      I think that he is going to raise the river only with better hands and I prefer B/F 2/5 the pot instead of facing a 2/3-3/4 bet with out knowing if my flash is good or not.

When I think about this hand again a B/F line on the turn is not so bad also cause he often raises us with a better hand.

We will hear anther opinion about this hand.
    • koaesica
      koaesica
      Bronze
      So bet/fold turn, even when it's only a minraise because we probably already are beat?
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      It's only a min-raise but it's a min raise in NL10... :)
      He called the flop and then min-raise the turn - In NL10 this line is usually a monster. It really smells like a FH too me.
      Of course, I might be wrong but since I only invested 2.8$ and I'm playing OOP and I only have a draw and I'm really not sure if my flash will be any good if I do hit on the river B/F the turn is not such a bad idea.
      Remember that there isn't always a perfect line in poker, sometimes we just have to fold the best hand...
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I´d bet turn, I think you can´t fold to min-raise, so I´d also call and folding second flush would not also be the option, so nh :)