how to play in blinds ?

• silent21
      silent21
      Global
      Hello guys,

for the last 4 months i've been playing NL10SH and after 215k hands i found myself that i am with -0.03BB/100 winrate. I am constantly trying to improve my game - videos, posting hands in the forum etc but somehow it is not working. Ofcourse because of rakeback i am more than 1k+ but this is not the point. Today i decided to check my play based on the different position and the results are ASTONISHING.

All graphs from EP, MP, CO, BTN are like a stairway to heaven but the graphs from SB and BB are both disastrous.

Here is my graph:

and you can image the graphs from blinds is exactly the opposite.

if i deduct my hands from sb and bb i realized that i am running +16bb/100 for more than 200k hands which is good but because of blinds play i am -EV :(

this week i will spend everyday watching videos exactly for the blinds plays but please give my any advice how to improve my play. i tend to 3bet alot - any pp, AXs, suited connectos or suited one gappers and i usually found myself cbetting 3bet fold and then being raised i have to fold.

thz guys

ps.
      sorry for not resizing the image but i am ruuuushing to go out
  • 6 replies
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      I don't think that you can be positive in blinds in the long run because your position sucks so much. Play tight in blinds and it should help, by that, i mean, stop defending light, don't setmine the BU/CO raises with small pocket pairs unless they are total nits, don't call any position raises with suited connectors, stop completing the SB with trash hands, by that i mean hands like J6o T3s etc, the problem with suited hands is that if you'll flop, or complete your draw on later streets the only hands that will pay you off in limped pots most of the time will be higher flushes. Also don't steal light from SB unless the guy in BB doesn't mind, othervise it's a big spew.
      3beting with any small pocket pairs VS BU raises isn't bad but i'd do that only vs regular tight players, but then you have to give up on boards like T97 etc unless hit a set. I don't like 3beting Axs type hands, because most of the time you'll flop weak TP and then will be lost when met resistance.
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      Hey Silent,

You made a good job finding your main leak. (as it looks like it from the your stats)
      I suggest you start reading the article: Blind Defense - How to Defend Your Blinds found in the gold section.

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/no-limit/1193/

We can expend the discussion afterwords.
    • silent21
      silent21
      Global
      Hello Maya,

ive re-read this article several times. i think the problem is that i am trying to defend my blinds with aggression but on this limit this type of defense is not working at all. people are calling 3bets and cbets with trash and playing OOP with mid pair sux hard :(

thx
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by silent21
      Hello Maya,

ive re-read this article several times. i think the problem is that i am trying to defend my blinds with aggression but on this limit this type of defense is not working at all. people are calling 3bets and cbets with trash and playing OOP with mid pair sux hard :(

thx
      Well, isn't it just that obvious how to exploit them? 3bet with strong hands that you are not afraid to play for stacks.
      My favourite play against such players is 3bet preflop, cbet flop, CRAI turn.
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      Post your last 15 Blind defense hands with out the results (both won and lost)
      This will be a good beginning. :)
    • silent21
      silent21
      Global
      Maya and NightFrostaSS thanks for the comments. Im going to post the hands now :)