Hero ($10.20)
      BB ($41.45)
      UTG ($29.35)
      UTG+1 ($50.20)
      UTG+2 ($51.35)
      CO ($25.30)
      BTN ($100)

Dealt to Hero A:spade: T:spade:

fold, UTG+1 calls $0.50, UTG+2 calls $0.50, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.25, check,

FLOP ($2) T:heart: 7:spade: 4:diamond:

Hero bets $1.50, BB calls $1.50, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 raises to $8, Hero raises to $9.70, BB folds, UTG+2 calls $1.70,

TURN ($22.90) T:heart: 7:spade: 4:diamond: 8:diamond:

RIVER ($22.90) T:heart: 7:spade: 4:diamond: 8:diamond: 3:spade:

UTG2 stats over 50 hands:
      VPIP 50, PFR 6, AF 0.8

Fold flop with so much aggression from a passive opponent?
      How about a push pre-flop, all others were unknown.
  • 4 replies
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Horrid spot.

By the book we're only continuing in unraised pots (where you were not the preflop aggressor) with 2 pair or better. (Ofc, I know you know this already - but for those out there who are getting started...)

It's certainly worth a raise on the flop, I think, but I think you have to fold to the big reraise, which looks pretty strong since the reality is that you're not completing suited Aces from SB to go broke with a pair of tens.(On the other hand it's quite hard to put villain on a hand that beats you other than a badly played overpair, or trips - and you're probably ahead here quite often against a fish, so I don't think the call is terrible - but there are better spots.)

I don't mind the pf push that much, although I'm always suspicious of utg limpers and two of them has me doubly worried. ;) So on the whole, I'm playing as you did and hoping I'd be strong enough to hit fold after the 3bet

Tim
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey dandycal,

I don't think I already congratulated you for platinum, so congratulations! :)

I wouldn't really like the preflop push with 2 limpers and 20+BB stack, however I would raise to 6BBs preflop if you have stats of UTG1 as well(if he's also fishy like UTG2). Completing is also fine, but I think ATs is strong enough to raise and make more profit with it than to just complete.

AF after only 50 hands is very unreliable, so I would like to check UTG2's WTS and W$@SD to see whether he's a losing player. And if he's very loose I would ship it against him, if he's rather tight postflop then I would prefer to fold when he shows so much strength.

Regards,
      burek2000
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Thanks Burek!

This guy has 43% WTSD and 58%W$SD, which makes me think he's been pretty lucky lately. So I guess that would be a shove?

I'll consider reaising pre-flop next time.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dandycal
      So I guess that would be a shove?
      50 VPIP and 43 WTS would be a shove for me. The board does hit his range, but you have a pretty strong hand yourself, so I don't think you need to worry about it.