This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL50 ATs freeplay

• dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($10.20)
      BB ($41.45)
      UTG ($29.35)
      UTG+1 ($50.20)
      UTG+2 ($51.35)
      CO ($25.30)
      BTN ($100)

Dealt to Hero A:spade: T:spade:

fold, UTG+1 calls $0.50, UTG+2 calls $0.50, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.25, check,

FLOP ($2) T:heart: 7:spade: 4:diamond:

Hero bets $1.50, BB calls $1.50, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 raises to $8, Hero raises to $9.70, BB folds, UTG+2 calls $1.70,

TURN ($22.90) T:heart: 7:spade: 4:diamond: 8:diamond:

RIVER ($22.90) T:heart: 7:spade: 4:diamond: 8:diamond: 3:spade:

UTG2 stats over 50 hands:
      VPIP 50, PFR 6, AF 0.8

Fold flop with so much aggression from a passive opponent?
      How about a push pre-flop, all others were unknown.
  • 4 replies
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Horrid spot.

By the book we're only continuing in unraised pots (where you were not the preflop aggressor) with 2 pair or better. (Ofc, I know you know this already - but for those out there who are getting started...)

It's certainly worth a raise on the flop, I think, but I think you have to fold to the big reraise, which looks pretty strong since the reality is that you're not completing suited Aces from SB to go broke with a pair of tens.(On the other hand it's quite hard to put villain on a hand that beats you other than a badly played overpair, or trips - and you're probably ahead here quite often against a fish, so I don't think the call is terrible - but there are better spots.)

I don't mind the pf push that much, although I'm always suspicious of utg limpers and two of them has me doubly worried. ;) So on the whole, I'm playing as you did and hoping I'd be strong enough to hit fold after the 3bet

Tim
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey dandycal,

I don't think I already congratulated you for platinum, so congratulations! :)

I wouldn't really like the preflop push with 2 limpers and 20+BB stack, however I would raise to 6BBs preflop if you have stats of UTG1 as well(if he's also fishy like UTG2). Completing is also fine, but I think ATs is strong enough to raise and make more profit with it than to just complete.

AF after only 50 hands is very unreliable, so I would like to check UTG2's WTS and W$@SD to see whether he's a losing player. And if he's very loose I would ship it against him, if he's rather tight postflop then I would prefer to fold when he shows so much strength.

Regards,
      burek2000
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Thanks Burek!

This guy has 43% WTSD and 58%W$SD, which makes me think he's been pretty lucky lately. So I guess that would be a shove?

I'll consider reaising pre-flop next time.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dandycal
      So I guess that would be a shove?
      50 VPIP and 43 WTS would be a shove for me. The board does hit his range, but you have a pretty strong hand yourself, so I don't think you need to worry about it.