$29.52
      MP2:
      $24.11
      MP3:
      $25.90
      Hero:
      $26.37

0.1/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with T:spade: , T:diamond:
      MP2 raises to $1.50, MP3 calls $1.50, Hero calls $1.50, BU folds, SB calls $1.40, BB folds.

Flop: ($6.25) 7:spade: , 4:diamond: , 4:club: (4 players)
      SB bets $4.00, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $4.00, Hero calls $4.00.

Turn: ($18.25) 6:heart: (3 players)
      SB checks, MP3 checks, Hero bets $10.00, SB folds, MP3 calls $10.00.

River: ($38.25) 5:club: (2 players)
      MP3 raises $10.40 (All-In), Hero folds.

Final Pot: $48.65

I feel I have played this hand very badly. The problem is I don't know where I am with my overpair.
      I don't want to fold on the flop, but I also don't want to raise, as it will isolate me against better hands. Also, it would be quite expensive.
      As both of them checked the turn, I tried to take it. Didn't work out, and calling the river is worthless in my opinion.
      How would you play it?
  • 5 replies
    • Balanarm
      Balanarm
      Bronze
      The flop is very good for you.
      The minraise on the flop would be very good, you can still fold to allin as these guys can easily have 4x and they are not shoving worse + it's good value, because they are calling with wors handa a lot.
      You should bet the turn allin, there are a lot of cards you don't wanna see(action stoppers and hand killers) and after this kind of action you hold the best hands a lot and these guys are gonna pay you with worse for sure(their calling range consists of many worse hands which makes your bet profitable).
    • uuberpro
      uuberpro
      Gold
      If I raise the flop and get called, I'm not so sure that shoving the turn is a good idea... Moreover, MP3 doesn't seem that loose.
    • Balanarm
      Balanarm
      Bronze
      Originally posted by uuberpro
      If I raise the flop and get called, I'm not so sure that shoving the turn is a good idea... Moreover, MP3 doesn't seem that loose.
      Yeah you are right about MP3, sorry, I missread his stats, you should simply check behind turn and call a reasonable bet by SB on most river cards and think hard if MP3 bets :D
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      There are only a few draws out there so I guess calling the flop can`t be a big mistake. But as played if you want to take a stab at the pot on the turn ( which you should) I think you should shove there. It`s about potsize left anyway and better than having to fold on a river with 1:5 odds on his bet.

I would however make it 10$ on the flop just to see where I stand. As said above if you face a shove you can still find a fold
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      doubt that SB has there a lot of times trips or boat, so I would raise flop for value and go for there
      turn and river are fine