This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] SSS - AK vs 2 calling stations

• FlaviaMomo
      FlaviaMomo
      Bronze
      Maybe i should have made a cbet on the flop, but that would live me pot comited..

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($8.95)
      UTG ($14.02)
      Hero ($2.05)
      MP1 ($1.90)
      MP2 ($9.86)
      CO ($2.25)
      Button ($6.77)
      SB ($6.43)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K:diamond: , A:diamond: . SB posts a blind of $0.05.
      [color:#666666]1 fold[/color], [color:#CC3333]Hero raises to $0.4[/color], [color:#666666]4 folds[/color], SB (poster) calls $0.35, BB calls $0.30.

Flop: ($1.20) T:club: , 5:spade: , Q:club: [color:#0000FF](3 players)[/color]
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($1.20) J:diamond: [color:#0000FF](3 players)[/color]
      SB checks, BB checks, [color:#CC3333]Hero bets $0.6[/color], SB calls $0.60, BB calls $0.60.

River: ($3) 2:spade: [color:#0000FF](3 players)[/color]
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero calls $2.05 (All-In), SB folds, BB folds.

Final Pot: $5.05
  • 1 reply
    • Alaton
      Alaton
      Black
      Against 2 Opponents on a missed flop, our standard line would be to not make a ContinuationBet, especially when we are up against Callingstations like you said is the case here.
      In this hand you have another advantage, you are in position and can take a free shot at your outs for the straight or a high pair.
      So I would definitely check behind here too.
      (I wouldn't make a continuationbet here even if I was first to act, just because the board is really dangerous and could have hit our opponents in many ways!)

On the Turn your bet should be a bit bigger, something between 0,75-1$ to protect against flushdraws and to also allow your bet on the river to look much smaller, since you wouldn't have much money left then.