Playing strategy at Pacific

• PokerTof
      PokerTof
      Bronze
      I've have recently signed up to pacifc poker and am trying to implement what i've learned on this site.

I find the lower limit tables annoying as you get called and raised by players holding rubbish who more often than not beat you after they seem to get a sensational flop. I.e my KK got beat by 82 offsuit when another straight turned up.

This hand was made worse by the fact he was raising me before the flop.

Is this site designed to produce a large number of straights?

What is a good level to begin using the strategy this site teaches?
  • 6 replies
    • qsiex
      qsiex
      Silver
      on which stakes are you playing??
    • PokerTof
      PokerTof
      Bronze
      The states i play at are 25/ 50 fixed limit.

Because of the bankroll management I thought the $1 big blinds were far to large. The 300 big blind limit they tell you to follow.

At present after a week or so of playing my bankroll has remained the same.
    • Berkstajger
      Berkstajger
      Bronze
      Hey PokerTof, I think I've seen you on 0.12/.0.25 tables couple of times. :)

Firstly - you said you're playing 0.25/.50 with the starting capital of 50$. That is above your BR as you probably know?

Secondly - Pacific offers very little FL tables. At best only one full FH (10/10) and 2 or 3 SH (6/6). The problem is that the bronze fixed limit articles and SHC explain you how to play on FH tables while the strategy on SH changes quite a lot. Therefore on the long run you won't be able to play SH tables with FH strategy, because there is more bluffing and blind stealing involved - situations in which you have to fold according to SHC.

As for the KK vs 82... these things happen in poker. The more you play, the more times you'll see them. Just a couple of days ago I was playing a SNG and was card dead and blinds pushed me all-in with 52o. Villain had AK but in the end I caught fullhouse with some 552xx board. These things happen, sometimes even in your advantage, but that's of course not the reason you should play every two cards dealt just hoping for some lucky board to come out. :D
    • PokerTof
      PokerTof
      Bronze
      I've added to my starting bankroll thats why i sometimes play at the higher limit.

Depending on like you pointed out the number of full tables, i switch between the two levels.

Should I just play at low limits till i acquire the silver articles?

Or should i switch to a site which offers a higher number of full tables to make use of what i've read so far?
    • Berkstajger
      Berkstajger
      Bronze
      Well... definitely site with more tables would be nice, but if you want to get your 50$ + 100$ bonus you'll have to stick around on Pacific for a month or two. I think you should reach silver quite quick grinding 0.12/0.25...

And btw, I'm in similar situation. Was playing on 0.12/0.25 getting nicely to 165$, hit a downswing to 135$, started to play SNGs because of the lack of the tables on FL, tilted a little bit trying to get the losses back and now I'm at around 110$ playing SNGs and getting back slowly. I will build up my my BR a little bit more because I don't wanna go under 100$ and then start grinding SH at 0.12/0.25 and 0.25/0.50 to clear bonuses and get the hell out of Pacific Poker. :D
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      I'm gonna play 0.5/1 with the starting capital :) . (i suggest you stay off my tables :P )