[NL2-NL10] SSS - AK in paired board (turn)

• FlaviaMomo
      FlaviaMomo
      Bronze
      Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($13.55)
      SB ($12.44)
      BB ($10.41)
      UTG ($10)
      UTG+1 ($1.35)
      Hero ($2.25)
      MP1 ($2.40)
      MP2 ($10.55)
      MP3 ($10)
      CO ($42.03)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with K:club: , A:diamond: . SB posts a blind of $0.05. MP3 posts a blind of $0.10.
      [color:#666666]1 fold[/color], UTG+1 calls $0.10, [color:#CC3333]Hero raises to $0.6[/color], [color:#666666]3 folds[/color], CO calls $0.60, [color:#666666]1 fold[/color], SB (poster) calls $0.55, [color:#666666]1 fold[/color], UTG+1 calls $0.50.

Flop: ($2.60) 7:spade: , 9:club: , 4:heart: [color:#0000FF](4 players)[/color]
      SB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks, CO checks.

Turn: ($2.60) 7:diamond: [color:#0000FF](4 players)[/color]
      SB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero calls $2.25 (All-In), CO folds, SB folds, UTG+1 folds.

Final Pot: $4.85
  • 5 replies
    • Alaton
      Alaton
      Black
      Preflop is good and on the flop there is really no justification for a continuationbet so the check is fine of course.
      The Situation on the turn doesn't change all that much, still I don't like the All-In move here, you bet nearly potsize so you should be able to get all 3 opponents to fold in almost 50% of the times to break even.
      (When you count in your overcard outs you maybe get to 40-45%)

Since the PreflopAction could very well include some middle Pocketpairs from your opponent I don't really like this move, because they will quite often call us in such a spot.

Furthermore we have the chance to see a freecard if CO checks behind us.

So my line would definitely be to just check the hand down and hope to improve on the river.

I really don't think you have a 40-45% chance to bluff all of your opponents!
    • Tucanjo
      Tucanjo
      Basic
      Hello,
      Nice post!
      I have some problems with postflop game, so why not to make a continuationbet here? Generally I always make continuationbets if I started betting. How do I know if it's time to Cbet or time to only check? And what about the amount to bet?
    • Alaton
      Alaton
      Black
      Well this is really a very general question and can't be answered so easily.
      You should try to get yourself in the head of your opponents, they just don't believe you hit anything on flops with only low cards.
      A board like Q:heart: 7:diamond: 4:club: is much better for a continuationbet then the board in the hand! Here your opponents are not likely to have a draw(which might call you) and they have to fear you hit the Q.
      The standard Betsize for a ContinuationBet is 1/2 Potsize, but this might warry, given certain board structures (Drawheavy boards need a bigger bet, even though we often just skip a Continuationbet on too drawheavy boards)

If you need examples, I really encourage you to post some hands here or to listen to my coachings, which are running Sunday and Tuesday each week.
    • Tucanjo
      Tucanjo
      Basic
      thanks for the help!
    • FlaviaMomo
      FlaviaMomo
      Bronze
      thanks for the replys =D

Alaton's coaching r0x, i definitelly recommend. It improved my game tremendously and he's got a great sense of humor!

Im still playing NL10 but giving shots at NL25 regularly, but still not "getting it". Posting these few hands helped A LOT, so i would like to encourage you guys to post more here, everyone benefits.