[NL2-NL10] AQ nl200

• Aimboy
      Aimboy
      Bronze
      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2.00 BB (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

Hero (MP3) ($40)
      CO ($117)
      Button ($87.35)
      SB ($331.80)
      BB ($100)
      UTG ($55.55)
      UTG+1 ($280)
      MP1 ($39)
      MP2 ($118)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with ,
      4 folds, Hero bets $8, 3 folds, BB calls $6

Flop: ($17) , , (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $12, BB calls $12

Turn: ($41) (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($41) (2 players)
      BB bets $10, Hero calls $10

Total pot: $61 | Rake: $2.95

I think stats are irrelevant here, but villain was a very loose player. Should I push on a river with Q-high flush?
  • 11 replies
    • WildBeans
      WildBeans
      Bronze
      do you always raise to 4 BBs?
      The stats aren't really irrelevant if you have them. Like what's his usual response to a conti bet, what's his aggression factor. I think the call is fine. His bet seems quite like a value bet, and he could have the K of hearts if he is generally passive and doesn't like to reraise, or even the ace if he was calling with the nut flush - you haven't given us stats to determine how loose he is.
    • Aimboy
      Aimboy
      Bronze
      I only raise 3bb from button, from rest of positions I raise 4bb. I only had smth like 60 hands on this guy, so we can't say anything about his response to cbet after that probe. If I remember correctly his vp/pfr was smth like 35/24, can't remember his AF though.
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Were you planning on Check/Shoving turn?

Heres my evaluation of your line, short and sweet;

You're playing with scared money.

Here's my play;

Preflop; I raise Potsize NL100+ 3.5BB

Cbet; Standard 2/3rds.

Turn; Easy push versus a Fish's call cbet range. (Don't know if he really is a fish or not though :p) Nice Draw+FE makes this a clear second barrel for me followed by a note on what hand he made his cbet call with in this spot.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Aimboy
      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2.00 BB (9 handed) -
      I think stats are irrelevant here,
      Please use stats on midstakes++!

This is because we then can give a more accurate judging. As played I shove Turn with Gutshot+FD+OC as though I was playing against an unknown.

- Gerv
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      Here is how I would play this hand

Flop

I check Flop, this flop hits his calling range pretty hard and is so draw heavy.
      The only thing cbetting does on this flop is turn your hand into a bluff. You can asume you are behind a good % of the time here, so just check especialy if he is a station as i suspect he may be(Although very little history)
      Obviously if he has a high fold to flop c bet % then yeah go ahead and cbet but i like checking better

Turn

I check fold this if he bets
      you have 11 outs asuming your Qhigh flush is good or a straight is good, so on turn you have roughly 22% chance of hitting a made hand. I dont think your A high is ever good here, well not enough to continue.

As played the River

Yeah I call, it maybe a value bet but he is giving you such good odds to call, you do not need to be right too often to make it a profitable play. I would never reraise here, you open up the betting again and are liable to get punished.

So with that said, not how i would play this hand but not a horrible line by any means

Oh one last thing as played to turn, you have no fold eq as someone sugested, I think any pair will call your $20 shove into $40
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Are you joking lennonac? If you arn't I will explain why i disagree with you.

Flop- Nice Board to cbet. We want to balance our betting range to not just made hands and draws. We have some equity and there are several hands that he holds that will not have hit in a sufficient way to continue with the hand.

turn- We now have an excellent draw, If this villain is one of the many who calls SS cbets as standard play we may well still have some FE against him. We also often have some A outs, sometimes some Q outs, The Flush outs can be counted also and the GS outs often as well. Get our money in whilst we are good and not wait till river when thre are 4 :heart: 's and only good flushes will call us.
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      ok go ahead and belittle me
    • Aimboy
      Aimboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DaPhunk
      Here's my play;

Could you explain to me your preflop play, because I don't understand your pf description?
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Aimboy
      Originally posted by DaPhunk
      Here's my play;

Could you explain to me your preflop play, because I don't understand your pf description?
      When I play on NL100 and above I like to raise to Potsize preflop. This is 3.5BB i.e $3.5 on NL100 and $7 on NL200.
    • PanDuzePE
      PanDuzePE
      Bronze
      DaPhunk,
      Why? Thats is better to 3.5bb ?

So u fold QQ vs player 3bet 2% because u have only 40% equity, and when u raise with 3.5 bb u need 42 % ?
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PanDuzePE
      DaPhunk,
      Why? Thats is better to 3.5bb ?

So u fold QQ vs player 3bet 2% because u have only 40% equity, and when u raise with 3.5 bb u need 42 % ?
      I personally think it makes no difference to a villains perception of your range, they will 3bet you the same % of their hands and you just save some BB when a tighty tighty 3bets you and you have to fold :)

On the other hand you could argue that you get less out of pots you take down with a cbet. Personally I don't think it makes much difference I just like to think I'm saving a bit on preflop losses ;)