[NL20-NL50] Nl30 SH AA

• ZxeR
      ZxeR
      Bronze
      No-Limit Hold'em, $0.30 BB (5 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG ($29.55)
      MP ($43.28)
      Button ($31.57)
      SB ($78)
      Hero (BB) ($37.96)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, A
      MP bets $2.10, 2 folds, Hero raises $6.30, 1 fold, MP calls $4.35

Flop: ($13.20) 3, K, 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $7, MP calls $7

Turn: ($27.20) J (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP checks

River: ($27.20) 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $14.50, MP calls $14.50

Total pot: $56.20
  • 4 replies
    • 2DHades
      2DHades
      Bronze
      Your aim is to put him all in because you have a monster hand on all streets.
      Preflop - OK
      Flop - OK
      Turn&River - There are two possible lines here: a) Eff. Stack on the turn is 24$ in 27$ pot so the best way to play the hand is to bet 10$ on the turn and push the river. b)Checking on the turn for check/raise. It`d be a great line if eff. stacks was like 2xpot. If you decide to check turn here you should definitely push river in the practical example.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I prefer betting 12$ on the turn and shove river
      Your hand is almost good there and I don´t see any reason why you shouldn´t play for stacks
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Since villain is unknown, how about making it like 8.5$ on the flop and shoving the turn ? I don't know what he folds to a turn shove that he doesn't fold to a river shove.

I don't think an unknown would float the cbet with A-high, so if another A comes on the river he might find a fold with all his range including Kx ( except maybe AK if he flatted that preflop but we get his money anyway since he is never folding that to a turn shove ), because our hand kinda looks like A-high after we check the turn.

I think we should get the money in right on the turn to avoid the few times when an A comes and scares villain off. Thoughts?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tamairlarace
      Since villain is unknown, how about making it like 8.5$ on the flop and shoving the turn ? I don't know what he folds to a turn shove that he doesn't fold to a river shove.

I don't think an unknown would float the cbet with A-high, so if another A comes on the river he might find a fold with all his range including Kx ( except maybe AK if he flatted that preflop but we get his money anyway since he is never folding that to a turn shove ), because our hand kinda looks like A-high after we check the turn.

I think we should get the money in right on the turn to avoid the few times when an A comes and scares villain off. Thoughts?
      that line seems very strong and he might fold there Kx hands, but if you keep betting him half potsize bets, then I doubt he can fold any Kx hand on his range
      You just keep giving him too good odds to call flop, turn and river he has to call there half potsize bet, and they mostly would call the shove on the river, which they might fold on the turn