ICM Trainer hand question

• barrelhead
      barrelhead
      Bronze
      Hi,

I was training bubble play in ICM Trainer - players had similar stack sizes and no player was allin - and came across a situation I don't fully understand.

Would someone be so kind and tell me, why is in situation 1 hand A8o push and in the second it's fold? Thanks in advance.

-BH

Situation 1

Situation 2
  • 4 replies
    • LgWz
      LgWz
      Black
      uhhhh it could be a bug, they're both folds (well, they're open raises, because you shouldn't shove this deep).
    • Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      Originally posted by LgWz
      uhhhh it could be a bug, they're both folds (well, they're open raises, because you shouldn't shove this deep).
      Actually on bubble it is a shove.
    • NickParkes
      NickParkes
      Bronze
      OK... from what I can tell the ranges are so super close it's so marginal... but the difference are because in situation 1 hero has both villains covered so he can push slightly wider, in situation 2 villain is risking his entire stack, so slightly tighter... even though it is so close, this generally accounts for the difference in ranges...

As far as raise/shove, it's a personal preference, for 20BBs either option is OK depending on reads on villains... personally I raise 2.5BB if villains are tight and shove if they are looser and inclined to cold call...
    • barrelhead
      barrelhead
      Bronze
      Thanks for replies, guys.