This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

ICM Trainer hand question

• barrelhead
      barrelhead
      Bronze
      Hi,

I was training bubble play in ICM Trainer - players had similar stack sizes and no player was allin - and came across a situation I don't fully understand.

Would someone be so kind and tell me, why is in situation 1 hand A8o push and in the second it's fold? Thanks in advance.

-BH

Situation 1

Situation 2
  • 4 replies
    • LgWz
      LgWz
      Black
      uhhhh it could be a bug, they're both folds (well, they're open raises, because you shouldn't shove this deep).
    • Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      Originally posted by LgWz
      uhhhh it could be a bug, they're both folds (well, they're open raises, because you shouldn't shove this deep).
      Actually on bubble it is a shove.
    • NickParkes
      NickParkes
      Bronze
      OK... from what I can tell the ranges are so super close it's so marginal... but the difference are because in situation 1 hero has both villains covered so he can push slightly wider, in situation 2 villain is risking his entire stack, so slightly tighter... even though it is so close, this generally accounts for the difference in ranges...

As far as raise/shove, it's a personal preference, for 20BBs either option is OK depending on reads on villains... personally I raise 2.5BB if villains are tight and shove if they are looser and inclined to cold call...
    • barrelhead
      barrelhead
      Bronze
      Thanks for replies, guys.