Don't know where to put this.

• whateverdude
      whateverdude
      Bronze
      I really don't know if this thread belongs to Pacific Poker forum section, or Sample Hands section, or Downswing reports...
      Here's the deal. For the last 5 months I've steadily grinded, following BRM(sometimes braking it slightly, but nothing too retarded) and turned my starting capital into $970(highest point). I am playing fullring BSS. I lost ~10BIs playing NL50, moved back down to NL20+NL30, lost 15 BIs, and now all my hard work has went to hell. I am back to ground zero, $160 BR.
      Why am I posting this?
      Well, because of the way I've lost all those 25+BIs. I got the usual suckouts, never hit a set for a whole week(I play 2-3K hands/day)(ok maybe I hit it once or twice, but I really don't remember hitting a set and getting paid off throughout this downswing, except once when the guy got flush on the river).
      The BIG problem is, roughly 2/3 of my losses were preflop shoves with the worse hand. That is having QQ vs KK or AA, or having KK vs AA. And last two days I've been thinking that the idiot fish here don't have any idea of position. Being the fish they are, they also don't realize the relative preflop strenght of hands like AKs, TT, JJ, even QQ. They do not go broke with those hands preflop ! Also, they don't light3bet, or consider the possibility that the other person is ligh3betting or stealing or restealing or whatever. So, even if I am at the SB against a BU open raise, and I am holding QQ, if I 3bet and he shoves, HE HAS KK OR AA. I know how brutal variance can be, but I really doubt it's just variance that I've never seen a fullstack go broke preflop with less than KK here, NO MATTER OF POSITION.
      So if I have KK, and I face a fullstack shove, he has KK or AA, but with my KK, there are 6 AA and 1 KK hands in the deck, thus, unless for some reason I have 1:6 odds to call(kinda impossible), I should fold my KK.
      As strange it is, at low stakes, when it comes to preflop shoving, people seem to be tighter than at med stakes, where people need to go more aggressive for deception.
      Yes, the fish are very loose and generous when it comes to paying off with the worse hand POSTFLOP, but preflop their agression always means KK or AA.
      I am tempted to touch another subject here, of another BS I often see high/med stakes players talk to low stakes players, but this thread is stretched thrughout enough different subjects as it is.

PS. I just lost 2 more BIs @ NL10 while writing this, once with AQ vs AK with Axx flop, and the other with QQ vs KK on J-high flop. Now I am down to $140, and considering moving to NL6. One week ago I had 970, playing NL50.
  • 3 replies
    • whateverdude
      whateverdude
      Bronze
      Oh and in case(I wouldnt be surprised), it wasn't clear, this thread is meant to be a discussion of is calling a shove with QQ and KK profitable at low stakes vs opponents that are very passive preflop. And after I summarized it like that, I realize this thread belongs to NL Bronze disccussion maybe... I am sorry for putting it in the wrong place.
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      FR or SH? If it's FR, maybe you should be more cautious with shipping QQ preflop against some opponents :)

By the way, you played NL50 with less than 20 buyins. That's not good BRM.
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Fongie
      FR or SH? If it's FR, maybe you should be more cautious with shipping QQ preflop against some opponents :)

By the way, you played NL50 with less than 20 buyins. That's not good BRM.
      That And I would also suggest not writing posts in forums, watching videos,
      or television or doing anything else distracting while playing.

It will cost you in the long run.