[NL2-NL10] Nl10 K2

• SPeedFANat1c
      Known players:     

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:heart: , 2:club: . CO posts a blind of $0.10.
      4 folds, MP3 calls $0.10, CO checks, BU folds, SB calls $0.05, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.40) 5:diamond: , 2:spade: , J:heart: (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, MP3 checks, CO checks.

Turn: ($0.40) 4:diamond: (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, MP3 checks, CO checks.

River: ($0.40) K:diamond: (4 players)
      SB bets $0.10, Hero raises to $0.40, MP3 raises to $1.70, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1.85 (All-In), MP3 calls $0.15.

Final Pot: $4.20

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, kings and deuces (Kh 2c)
      MP3 shows a flush, ace high (Ad Td)

MP3 wins with a flush, ace high (Ad Td)

Don't know how I had to act on the river. I think he would resaise with pair of kings with A (maybe Q)kicker or better hand so I only have one or two hands that I can beat.
  • 4 replies
    • lennonac
      hi mate,

One thing i always remind myself when playing poker, "DO NOT LOOSE A STACK IN A LIMPED POT"

I cant always stick to it mind! :D

However, I completely understand not betting your small pair on the flop and turn due to there being 4 people involved.

Here is how i see this hand...
      The turn completes draws like A3, 36 and opens up all the flush draws.
      No one bets the turn so you can safely disregard the two straights as only an insane man would check this with the flush draw opened up.
      I still dont see you being ahead by the turn much either due to the multiway pot but anyway..

The river,
      this gives you two pair which is great but it also completes all the flush draws, I think you beat everything else. Im sure you can disregard trips KJ hands like that.

The SB bet 1/4 of the pot so i think its okay to reraise him here but I dont think i do beacuse you have 2 players after you to act, you open yourself up to getting pushed on which is sort of what happened.
      I think I just call the SB and hope for callers behind.

If you are raised behind from MP3 and everyone else folds, then I reluctantly call, his bet should be around $0.60 -$0.90.

Just looked to see result and I was suprised to see ATs, I suspected a flush just from the action on the river but AT i did not expect as the turn opened up a straight and a flush draw for him.
    • MancaMulas
      there may be a completed flush draw, but with two pair, i think i would go all-in
    • chuongdk
      it's hard to fold 2 pair, so I will try to minimize pot by just make 2 calls
    • burek2000
      Hey SPeedFANat1c,

till river everything is standard. On the river raising SB is mandatory cause otherwise you're losing value to Kx/1 pair hands. However, on some higher limit I would fold to 3 bet on the river, but on NL10 I wouldn't fold 2-pair with K2 here. I think there are many bad players that might 3-bet worse hand here.