This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

over 24 blinds Heads up

• ChilliCracksIt
      ChilliCracksIt
      Bronze
      Just wondering,
      When you have a large stack compared to the blinds in a 9 sng and it gets down to heads up do you continue to use the over 24 big blinds strategy for sng. I find i keep getting blinded down while my opponent sits pretty cos i am playing so tight.

Is there a different stategy for big stack heads up?
  • 2 replies
    • LgWz
      LgWz
      Black
      No you shouldn't play the same way when it's down to a few players or heads-up. You need to get a lot looser.

Basically you want to play a lot of flops in position and few pots out of position. You should raise a lot of hands (raise 2-2.5bb, raise larger out of position) and well, it all depends on your opponent.
    • NickParkes
      NickParkes
      Bronze
      For HU use position, I openraise like 50% of hands... ABC poker is the best way to go post flop, don't mindlessly c-bet, mix it up, but keep betting cos your opponent misses the board so so so often... experience is handy, but there's only one way to get that :s_biggrin: