[NL20-NL50] NL50 - TT squeeze

• nttflox
      nttflox
      Bronze
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (BB) ($86.10)
      UTG ($112.55)
      MP ($35.55)
      Button ($57.20)
      SB ($17)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 10, 10
      UTG bets $2, 2 folds, SB calls $1.75, Hero raises to $8, UTG calls $6, SB calls $6

Flop: ($24) 7, 2, K (3 players)
      SB bets $9 (All-In), Hero folds, UTG calls $9

Turn: ($42) 5 (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($42) 10 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $42 | Rake: $2.10

UTG is regular TAG, SB is a fish very aggro postflop.
      What's my best line here?
  • 5 replies
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      Ugly spot since you are caught between them and OOP against the one who actually counts here . I`m guessing UTG might have a PP here a lot. Don`t see many Kx hands in his range. I think I would raise it up to ~28$ and give up to any further action because I expect SB to do that with any piece of that flop and UTG to have missed most of the times.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      because there is utg behind you I also like fold
      nh
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      We're squeezing :

- a reg tag, raising a strong range from utg, with whom we're like 170bb deep, and who can thus call our 3bet somewhat light in position or even threaten our entire stack by 4betting, which would be another ugly spot with TT.

- an aggro fish with 40bb also liable to do something stupid, like flatting there for half his remaining stack and we dont know what to do when overcards come on the flop.

How about just calling preflop to avoid that situation and play postflop, given that the fish is caught between the preflop raiser and us, meaning the play will be pretty straightforward ?
    • nttflox
      nttflox
      Bronze
      I suppose you're right, calling is probably the best option. But I also didn't expect UTG to just call with the fish still to act. It's a bad play unless you're trapping I think.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tamairlarace
      We're squeezing :

- a reg tag, raising a strong range from utg, with whom we're like 170bb deep, and who can thus call our 3bet somewhat light in position or even threaten our entire stack by 4betting, which would be another ugly spot with TT.

- an aggro fish with 40bb also liable to do something stupid, like flatting there for half his remaining stack and we dont know what to do when overcards come on the flop.

How about just calling preflop to avoid that situation and play postflop, given that the fish is caught between the preflop raiser and us, meaning the play will be pretty straightforward ?
      I think you have a lot of fold equity considered UTG open raise, he won´t really 4-bet there too light, because your 3-bet range is quite tight
      So I like to isolate aggro fish, who would likely call with worse hands and is pot committed a lot of flops