Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $14.02
      BU:
      $10.00

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A:club: , A:spade:
      Hero raises to $0.40, 3 folds, BU calls $0.40, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.95) 3:spade: , 6:heart: , 4:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.70, BU raises to $1.90, Hero calls $1.20.

Turn: ($4.75) 9:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $2.70, Hero calls $2.70.

River: ($10.15) J:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $5.00 (All-In), Hero calls $5.00.

Final Pot: $20.15

- Essentially I felt on the flop that he either had a set or an overpair. I wanted to play some sort of pot control line but ended up all in anyway.

- Is this a good situation to bet/push flop and turn or should I have found a fold somewhere?

- I think my line is about the worst possible except that it allows a few bluffs to slip in. :f_confused:

Few Odds:
      If we decide on the flop that he has 33+ (and that he isn't just being fishy with overcards) then our equity is:
      Flop: 72%, Turn: 71%, River: 70%.

If we remove pairs that are not overpairs it looks like:
      Flop: 73%, Turn: 64%, River: 44%.

So possibly we are not so bad calling down - especially since there is little to protect against.
  • 4 replies
    • silent21
      silent21
      Global
      against unknown i ship it on the flop. you have only 62 hands from him so his af stats cannot be reliable. if he have a set let be it, but if you dont shove against unknown now then when? and make a note on him ofcourse afterwards
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

You can likely just Bet/Fold on flop, he will very often show you a set here or some kind of better hand.

Best regards,
      Rensu
    • Kopalek
      Kopalek
      Bronze
      IMO bet/fold is too weak. Villain can call pf in position and try to steal the pot on the low board. I would ship it, or call and re evaluate on turn. Definetely I wouldnt fold it
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Kopalek
      IMO bet/fold is too weak. Villain can call pf in position and try to steal the pot on the low board. I would ship it, or call and re evaluate on turn. Definetely I wouldnt fold it
      His AF is way too low for such moves, sure we don't have many hands on him but still the line looks like a set to me. Sure we can Call his raise and Check/Call turn & likely Check/Fold river but I sometimes like to fold the hand directly on flop against so passive opponent. It was just a small example that you don't have to go always broke against such opponents in such places.