This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Aa

• Smileyphil
      Smileyphil
      Silver
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $14.02
      BU:
      $10.00

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A:club: , A:spade:
      Hero raises to $0.40, 3 folds, BU calls $0.40, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.95) 3:spade: , 6:heart: , 4:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.70, BU raises to $1.90, Hero calls $1.20.

Turn: ($4.75) 9:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $2.70, Hero calls $2.70.

River: ($10.15) J:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $5.00 (All-In), Hero calls $5.00.

Final Pot: $20.15

- Essentially I felt on the flop that he either had a set or an overpair. I wanted to play some sort of pot control line but ended up all in anyway.

- Is this a good situation to bet/push flop and turn or should I have found a fold somewhere?

- I think my line is about the worst possible except that it allows a few bluffs to slip in. :f_confused:

Few Odds:
      If we decide on the flop that he has 33+ (and that he isn't just being fishy with overcards) then our equity is:
      Flop: 72%, Turn: 71%, River: 70%.

If we remove pairs that are not overpairs it looks like:
      Flop: 73%, Turn: 64%, River: 44%.

So possibly we are not so bad calling down - especially since there is little to protect against.
  • 4 replies
    • silent21
      silent21
      Global
      against unknown i ship it on the flop. you have only 62 hands from him so his af stats cannot be reliable. if he have a set let be it, but if you dont shove against unknown now then when? and make a note on him ofcourse afterwards
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

You can likely just Bet/Fold on flop, he will very often show you a set here or some kind of better hand.

Best regards,
      Rensu
    • Kopalek
      Kopalek
      Bronze
      IMO bet/fold is too weak. Villain can call pf in position and try to steal the pot on the low board. I would ship it, or call and re evaluate on turn. Definetely I wouldnt fold it
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Kopalek
      IMO bet/fold is too weak. Villain can call pf in position and try to steal the pot on the low board. I would ship it, or call and re evaluate on turn. Definetely I wouldnt fold it
      His AF is way too low for such moves, sure we don't have many hands on him but still the line looks like a set to me. Sure we can Call his raise and Check/Call turn & likely Check/Fold river but I sometimes like to fold the hand directly on flop against so passive opponent. It was just a small example that you don't have to go always broke against such opponents in such places.