Too Good To Be True

• CyberSmudger
      CyberSmudger
      Bronze
      Hello, my new poker buddies!

I have given up smoking. I have given up drinking. So I have taken up gambling.

In the past, I have played cards for pennies - mainly, pontoon and brag. Now I would like to play poker for dollars. Well, actually, cents, to start with.

I think PokerStrategy.com has got to be too good to be true. Not only are they teaching me how to play, they have also staked me to the tune of $50 at Cake Poker. All for nothing. Nada. Nichts.

Yours, Pete (CyberSmudger)
  • 5 replies
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hello CyberSmudger,

First of all welcome to the forums.

I would recommend checking out the articles, the videos and the public coachings as these resources will all help you to become a better player and improve your knowledge.

If there are any hands that you are not sure if they were played correctly then you can post them in the No Limit, Fixed Limit or SNG/Tournament area for advice from our hand judges

I would also recommend you to check out the PS downloads area as there are some excellant tools there that will also help to improve your game as well.

Kind Regards,
      -Steve
    • Gafny
      Gafny
      Bronze
      Originally posted by CyberSmudger
      Awesome :s_biggrin: Welcome and good luck at the tables!
    • vhallee
      vhallee
      Bronze
      Hello CyberSmudger,

First of all, welcome to PokerStrategy.com! It's nice to see that you find our offers "too good to be true", but all our members are the living proof that we are, in fact, giving what we promise.

While I do not really agree with the expression "gambling" added next to our poker school, you will soon find out that poker is much more about skill than luck :f_p:

Just like TheBu11d0g pointed out, make sure you use all the learning tools that we offer you for free and let us know about your poker evolution - creating your own Poker Blog, for example, would be a great way to interact with other users and exchange ideas.

Best regards,
      vhallee
    • someteroore
      someteroore
      Global
      sweet nice
    • themagpiespg
      themagpiespg
      Bronze
      Originally posted by CyberSmudger
      Hello, my new poker buddies!

In the past, I have played cards for pennies - mainly, pontoon and brag. Now I would like to play poker for dollars. Well, actually, cents, to start with.

I think PokerStrategy.com has got to be too good to be true. Not only are they teaching me how to play, they have also staked me to the tune of $50 at Cake Poker. All for nothing. Nada. Nichts.

Yours, Pete (CyberSmudger)

But its true I stared at the end of Feb and now have over $700 in my bank roll and have also with drawn $1000 to spend and have not had to invest a penny of my own money :s_biggrin: so just read all the strat articles watch the vids and learn to play and have fun :s_cool: