Got the $50 at Pacific Poker

• 28 replies
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      Never because you will lose it all again.
    • andrewjd
      andrewjd
      Bronze
      while I appreciate the sarcasm, and childish nature of your post, I really want to punch you in the mouth.

thanks for not answering my question at all.
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      I dont know Pacific at all. But shouldnt it be written somewhere in your cashier in bonus section?
      You most likely have to make some amount of playing points to cash out..
      Or you can just try to withdraw and in recieved email theres gonna be written what you have to do to be able to withdraw =)

Luckz0r X( Gratz :D
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      I recently got the $50 initial deposit at Pacific Poker about a week ago.

My account at Pacific Poker now sits at $1221.
    • andrewjd
      andrewjd
      Bronze
      ah I get it.

so you guys are a bunch of holier than thou card players?

Obviously I've read the bankroll management and articles, as I've obviously passed the quiz and received the initial deposit.

Obviously, I am also a gambler, yes. We all are.

I've been playing regularirly at FTP, and was just introduced to this site. When I received the intial $50, yes, you are right, I gambled. These articles have been rather fantastic, I will admit to that, but at the same time it doesn't take a genius to figure out. It is after all, poker.

If I can't receive any ROI (even though it wasn't my investment technically) until I've raked $5000 worth of hands, then that's quite hilarious.

I am glad, however, that you all think you're better than everyone else.
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Obviously, I am also a gambler, yes. We all are.
    • andrewjd
      andrewjd
      Bronze
      Listen, I understand what you are saying with BRM, I do.

I guess my difference is this: I don't like playing $1 tourneys, because it is not enjoyable. I'll sometimes play cash games, but I'd rather play those in person, than online.

And I would never, ever play Fixed Limit heads up. Fixed limit is for donkeys and fish.

And also, don't think because I am a gambler, that I am not a better poker player than you, and will automatically loose my roll. While I don't follow the BRM specified at this site, its not possible to have one of my own?

And for the record, I do think the articles on this site are fantastic, I just have a different BRM philosophy.
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      Even though I'm really scared because you're so strong and mean and want to punch me in the face I would still like you to know that you have to wager 5000$ not rake. I hope you see the difference.
      If you want to know how much you have wagered so far I think you have to contact Pacific support.

I also absolutely understand that playing on the micro limits can be pretty annoying so I kind of see why you would play higher limits with really bad bankroll management now that you have 1K$+ you should really consider adopting some kind of reasonable BRM. I don't think that 1000 bucks is an amount anybody should gamble with.
    • andrewjd
      andrewjd
      Bronze
      Now Lubor, why couldn't you have been this nice in the first place?

I really appreciate this answer. And like I said in my previous post, I do have a BRM, it's just slightly different.

And I agree, gambling with $1K is not something anyone should do, and I don't play on entering the first $1000 tournament I see. I have no problems playing in tournaments of $20, but like you said, the micro tourneys and tables are painstaking.

Thanks again Lubor.

Hopefully you can forgive my silliness with the punch comment.
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Fixed limit is for donkeys and fish.
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
    • andrewjd
      andrewjd
      Bronze
      primzi, all comments i read from you will be skipped over. your friend there actually had something decent to say, you take an example.

and if you want, you can look up my FTP account on pokerrankings, and tell me I'll never beat the high stakes tables.
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Not worth it.
    • andrewjd
      andrewjd
      Bronze
      ok first you response is gambler. then you edit your post after checking up my rankings and then realize, oh he's not full of it, I'd better just say its not worth it.

well played primzi. at the very least, you are providing me with a chuckle.

I serious hope you have no ill will towards me.
    • andrewjd
      andrewjd
      Bronze
      primzi, let me also explain why i don't like fixed limit.

Ok, so you and I are in a hand, heads up. You have 7D8D, I have 10C10S.

The flop is 10D 9C AD. You have a lovely draw, both for the flush or straight. I've hit a set.

If we're playing a fixed 30/60 limit game, I can bet 30, you can raise and I can reraise, or you can simply call and get a very inexpensive turn card.

In a NL game, I can bet 2/3 the pot, 3 times the pot, my entire stack, whatever I chose. I don't want to get beat by a flush or a straight draw, so I try to end the hand immediately.
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by andrewjd
      primzi, let me also explain why i don't like fixed limit.

Ok, so you and I are in a hand, heads up. You have 7D8D, I have 10C10S.

The flop is 10D 9C AD. You have a lovely draw, both for the flush or straight. I've hit a set.

If we're playing a fixed 30/60 limit game, I can bet 30, you can raise and I can reraise, or you can simply call and get a very inexpensive turn card.

In a NL game, I can bet 2/3 the pot, 3 times the pot, my entire stack, whatever I chose. I don't want to get beat by a flush or a straight draw, so I try to end the hand immediately.
      Hello andrewjd,

While it is understandable that you don't LIKE Fixed Limit - this doesn't mean it is a game for 'Fish and Donks'

The mindset and skill requirements for Fixed Limit players simply differ from NL players. Fixed Limit games are a lot more aggressive - but also a lot more showdown bound than No Limit games. This means you need excellent post-flop skills, knowledge of equities and a pristine sense for balancing lines & extracting the optimum value through thin value-bets and smart check-behinds.

This is why Fixed Limit players that move to No-Limit are often much more advanced in their thought processes that they base their decisions on than No Limit players.

In the hand that you posted by the way - the No Limit player has a pretty easy thought process - since even if you bet the pot - the player holding the draw has sufficient equity versus your theoretical range to re-raise you - and go broke on the flop. The person holding the set also has quite an easy decision to go broke on the flop. The Fixed Limit players need to actually also try to extract maximum value on both turn and river - by deciding on the best possible combination of lines; e.g. can the draw cap the turn after a 3 bet? etc.

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • justgeo
      justgeo
      Bronze
      to withdraw anything from pacific poker after taking up the option of joining from here, you need to have played £5,000 of staked hands!! then you can withdraw. how you check that, i am not sure.
      hope that helps a little, if not, sorry, but cant offer more ?(
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by justgeo
      to withdraw anything from pacific poker after taking up the option of joining from here, you need to have played £5,000 of staked hands!! then you can withdraw. how you check that, i am not sure.
      hope that helps a little, if not, sorry, but cant offer more ?(
      Hello justgeo,

You don't actually have to rake $5,000 - you need to have wagered this amount (so bet it).

Best regards
      SoyCD