Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($30.34)
      BB ($57.35)
      UTG ($15.32)
      CO ($25.60) 23/17 2.8af 350h
      BTN ($48.04)

Dealt to Hero K:heart: A:club:

UTG calls $0.25, CO raises to $1.10, fold, Hero raises to $3.50, fold, UTG calls $3.25, CO calls $2.40,

FLOP ($10.75) A:spade: 4:heart: 8:club:

Hero bets $7.50, UTG folds, CO calls $7.50,

TURN ($25.75) A:spade: 4:heart: 8:club: 2:diamond:

Hero bets $14.75, CO calls $14.60,

standard imo, but this guy called my 3bet with 44 ?? can u evaluate his call. my stats at that time were 20/17 9%3bet
  • 10 replies
    • nttflox
      nttflox
      Bronze
      It's an easy call for him after UTG calls. His implied odds are huge.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      you 3bet him, utg who seems fishy called the 3bet, meaning 2 people have shown enough strength to ensure some action postflop.

He is getting great odds, and he has position, knowing you have to play straightforward against the fish behind you, and that he will get to see both of you act before making a decision himself.

I'm not sure if the situation is gonna be profitable with just setmining, but provided he can make some moves on flops that are bad for you, it's probably a good play.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

For PP you need odds of 7,5:1, he is getting 3,5:1. So that means he like needs to get more on the flop 4x$2,4= ~$9,6. Here we see if he hits his set on flop he is likely getting correct implied odds. Also he is position on you and he will very likely get his money from you if he hits, he could easily put you on some higher PP with you will very often pay him off. But that doesn't mean that you can always Call with PP, very often you have to pick the opponents against who you are Calling, you have to be sure that you at least get those implied ones.

Best regards,
      Rensu
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      He calls dry flop which is classic for a set or a float. Whats he going to call your turn bet with? A worse A is unlikely, so I would go for pot control on dry turn and maybe get him to float me.

I dont think he will bluff river when you raise pf, cbet and then c/c turn.

Big pockets oop are a bitch sometimes
    • silent21
      silent21
      Global
      on the flop pot is 10 and i have left 22. what line can i take to balance winnings/losing my whole stack ?
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by silent21
      on the flop pot is 10 and i have left 22. what line can i take to balance winnings/losing my whole stack ?
      Didnt notice it was 3bet pot, nh in that case.

Maybe c/r turn in case hes floating
    • Bierbaer
      Bierbaer
      Bronze
      I would not bet this flop 3way.
      If you bet, you are effectively bluffing since both of them will fold almost anything but a set or 2Pair to your bet (Ax is a very small part of their range since 2 aces are already removed).
      By check/calling you'll get it in vs a wider range.
    • silent21
      silent21
      Global
      Originally posted by Bierbaer
      If you bet, you are effectively bluffing since both of them will fold almost anything but a set or 2Pair to your bet (Ax is a very small part of their range since 2 aces are already removed).
      interesting concept. i had a similar hand before a few days:

pf -> raise + call + call + i squueze to 6$ with AhKh

flop - Ax6h7h. I had only 20$ and the pot was 20$ so i was sure i will shove my last money but i decided not to push them out of the hand. -> check /check /check

turn - 2s . I check, second guy potbet, third folds and i just shoved

he showed 22 for set

is this a concidence, and is generally c/c a better way to get their moneyz?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black

flop - Ax6h7h. I had only 20$ and the pot was 20$ so i was sure i will shove my last money but i decided not to push them out of the hand. -> check /check /check

he showed 22 for set

Exactly this can happen when you try to Check/Call in such situations, just bet it out and be happy if you get this pot. If you are betting with your bluffs then do it with your made hand also. Just bet it out.
    • Bierbaer
      Bierbaer
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz

he showed 22 for set

Exactly this can happen when you try to Check/Call in such situations, just bet it out and be happy if you get this pot. If you are betting with your bluffs then do it with your made hand also. Just bet it out.
      This is by far the worst case and you still have almost 20% equity!
      Sure it is a lot easier to bet out and get everyone to fold worse hands, but if you think about your opponents hand ranges and which action maximizes your EV vs them you shouldn't be betting.
      Maybe it brings you in tough spots sometimes (and in this case you only got one potsized bet left in your stack - there is almost no way its getting really tough) - but you will never be able to move up to the low- or even midstakes if you avoid every tough spot whilst playing the micros.