BB ($10)
      UTG ($12.75)
      UTG+1 ($10.50)
      UTG+2 ($41.90)
      MP1 ($71.35)
      CO ($10.75)
      BTN ($69.35)

Dealt to Hero A:diamond: T:spade:

fold, fold, fold, MP1 calls $0.50, fold, BTN calls $0.50, Hero raises to $9.50, fold, fold, fold,

Just a common situation. My question is about the general playability of AT in Late position. Considering I'm dealing with 2 or 3 mid or late position limpers (ideally 3), with general loose tendencies, say 20%+ vpip, is a push with AT recommended?

I made some calculations with the premisses that I'd get called 25% of the times by one limper with a range of 10%, and that gives me a marginal +EV with ATo (ATs is a little better). So all in all, although it is pretty marginal, it's not a bad move apparently?

P.S.: Same thing for KJ, which is only about 3% less equity than AT against the 10% range.
  • 2 replies
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey dandycal,

with 3 MP/LP limpers pushing AT or KJ is almost a must, specially AT, because you will either be flipping or ahead. You must think of their limping range, not whole VPIP, because no good player will limp AJ+/TT+ here, so he either has a low-mid PP or some SC, maybe some broadways and against this range you are doing great with AT, also KJ. Besides opponents will have to fold almost all the time against your whole pushing range.

On the other hand, if there are fishy limpers their limping range should be so wide that pushing AT/KJ/A9s would also be profitable and another thing is, they are also capable of calling you with worse hand here which also increases your profit.

One thing is tho... ...if there are 2 limpers and you have 20BB stack then I don't like to push as you also wouldn't push with AA here, so you have to decide what you want to do, mostly depending on the stats.

Regards,
      burek2000
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Very helpful, Burek. Thanks a lot!