hey hey everyone

• dachinkster
      dachinkster
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

Ive played poker on and off for a bit now, just for a bit of fun, but never really thought about strategy. Stumbed across this site and it opened my eyes up to all the mistakes that I had/have been making. I think especially the stuff on bankroll management will be key to improving my game. Bit skeptical about SSS, as I dont seem to be making (or losing) very much so progress appears to be pretty slow. Started off making a few mistakes (misreading the starting hand sheets etc) and took a few losses, picked up a bit today but still down overall, but nothing too major. Ill persevere with it for now.

One question I do have: is there anywhere that lists the abbreviations and what they stand for? I have been confused by some ( a lot) of the short hand used on this site and was wondering if there was a glossary of sorts.

Cheers
  • 1 reply
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hey dachinkster, welcome to our great community here on PokerStrategy.

Progress will always be slow early on due to the necessity of following BRM (Bankroll Management) and should be treated more as a learning process than out and out profit making.
      It's far better to make mistakes and learn from them at these lower levels, later on you will reap the rewards :D

In answer to your question, we have a glossary of poker terms in this location.

Wishing you every success and enjoyment with your poker, let us know how you get on.

Best regards,

Bart