This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Poker Stars Step 4 Advice from Pros please?

• Prabhatallin
      Prabhatallin
      Gold
      Hey, I am normally a low stakes MTT/ Multi-table SnG player on Stars. I play under the ID SuicideSpree Since I wasn't able to deposit money normally since I don't have a credit card, one of my friends transferred me 100$ there. I have been playing with that BR, winning significant amounts in MTTs/SNGs and then donking much of it away in cash games (recently stopped playing those thankfully). I have at the moment around $ 151 in my account.

Today I decided to use my 600 odd FPPs and entered a Step 1 SnG. 4 tournaments later I hold a Step 4 ticket worth more than my entire bankroll!! I don't want to keep playing A) Because I am not sure i can go if I win a seat to a live event B) I have a feeling the quality of play increases scarily at Step 4 onwards and I really don't want to play out of my bankroll for enormous stakes against real professionals.

If you buy into a Major (that option exists with step 4 tickets) and then unregister, do you simply get the ticket back, or do you get real money or T$ in your account? And if you can't get money where is the best place to look for deals to sell shares of myself?
  • 1 reply
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Silver
      I'd suggest you use it in the sunday warmup, since you'll have a far bigger chance of actually ending up with some $$ in your account that way. you can just try to get ITM which will be about 280$ i think. That'd be a good bankroll boost for u. I think playing the actual step4 is pretty stupid since u'll have to play a bunch of steps after that against the best sng players online to end out with something