This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH: 4bet bluff against a reg

• maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Hand abspielen

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      BB:
      $9.90
      MP3(Hero):
      $12.10
      CO:
      $9.80
      BU:
      $21.85
      SB:
      $10.30

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A, J.
      Hero raises to $0.4, CO folds, BU raises to $1.5, 2 folds, Hero raises to $4.5, BU calls $3.00.

Flop: ($9.15) 6, T, 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $7.60(All-In), BU folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $9.15.

Hey guys,

so this is my second short SH session after I decided to give SH a second try.
      I was +1.2BI want down to -0.5 and finished +0.5.
      Tried some nonconservative moves which most of them actually worked...
      (can't say I recommend those moves to NL10... :) )

In this hand I played a villain who appeared to be a reg tag who played 17/13/inf
      (he didn't made one call in that session... :) ) His 3bet pf% was 17% both of them was against me.

I decided to 4bet bluff cause he don't know much about me (like I don't know about him) and I figure he won't call/raise with out a real premium hand.
      surprisingly he flat called. I figured he called with QQ or AK.
      The board was clean from face/ace cards so I decided to shove to represent KK+.
      It worked out but it was very dangerous.
      Think that the bad thing about my pf move was that I 4bet bluffed OOP.
      I would be glad to hear your opinion.
  • 2 replies
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      Not a good spot t od othis move imo. It`s not really about the position , even tho you want to be IP , but when you decide to 4-bet bluff your main goal is to take the pot down pf , and if you can`t you usually have fold/shove decision on flop . The limit is again another donwside , don`t really want to try moves like this on NL10. And I usually want to try moves like this with something like 7-2off if I do try it , just to tilt opponents and when I hit.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think bet/calling is better line than turining AJ into bluff and have to fold against shove (getting very good price to call all-in)
      If he has wide 3-bet range, then you often dominate his hand and can c/r with top pair and play for stacks