Update #5

• WarGawd
      WarGawd
      Bronze
      It'll be a short one today - only came by to check out the extra $150 at Pacific (888) and I don't think I qualify for it having already setup an account there some time ago.

Anyone interested can search for my previous threads to see past updates (in fact so long between the last two, I had forgotten I had done an Update # 3, and did another Update #3 a year later)

Anyhow, so the main things I wanted tell you all are:

1) I have supported myself since last June when I got laid off with Poker as my sole source of income (except some unemployment insurance, which never amounts to much when your salary is as high as mine was).

2) I won TWO $12k packages for entry to the WSOP 2009 Main Event, sold one for $11.5k and I leave for Vegas in 3 weeks to play on the other entry. These I won on Party by playing the $70 sub qualifiers to $640 satellites - total cost was prob ~$500.

Also just now on first attempt ($80) I satellited in to Stars BIG 200 WSOP ME seat guaranteed tourney on Sunday. With 1100 current entries, there will be an overlay until the field reaches 6800 people or so, and after that it really boils down to 1 in 35 get a seat....I like those odds :s_biggrin:

3) Suppose I should also mention that I play $5/$10 cash a good chunk of the time now at sites where I'm rolled for it....progress continues but it's slow building the roll when I have to keep cashing to pay bills - layoff last year was not the ideal time, and would have been far less a struggle if I had another year to build beforehand (BR was ~$14k at that point)

So that's it for now - wish me luck on a deep run @ WSOP ME. I may play Event 54 ($1500 NL) which runs just prior....

GL all
      WarGawd
  • 3 replies