[NL2-NL10] QT nl200

• Aimboy
      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2.00 BB (8 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

Hero (BB) ($43)
      UTG ($43)
      UTG+1 ($75.85)
      MP1 ($204)
      MP2 ($202)
      CO ($252.75)
      Button ($36)
      SB ($200)

Preflop: Hero is BB with ,
      1 fold, UTG+1 calls $2, 5 folds, Hero checks

Flop: ($5) , , (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG+1 checks

Turn: ($5) (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG+1 checks

River: ($5) (2 players)
      Hero bets $4, 1 fold

Total pot: $5 | Rake: $0.25

Should I bet on the river or maybe earlier - flop, turn? Villain after 500 hands was 39/10 with 1,2 AF.
  • 2 replies
    • DaPhunk
      This is an interesting one and I think that I take some pretty terrible lines on freeplays like this. I like your line, nice and straightforwards. Heres 3 of my thoughts of alternatives;

I sometimes bet flop if I deem villain to be the right sort. Small Potsize bets on flop don't always get respect and you may have some loose calls made against you which intend to float you out on river if you check twice after flop. This is why against specific opponents I like to bet flop with the intention of checking blank turn and calling a river bet.

If however I was to bet flop and this A comes turn I am certainly thinking about 2nd barreling, although the only way he can put me on an A is if he thinks I were trying to steal the pot on the flop and now have hit again. Of course JT has hit but thats less common. He has to think here I have Kx or Qx normally and can force me out of the pot by raising here or even has the A himself. Thus I don't like A 2nd barrel and would either give up the hand or Bluff C/Raise him on this turn.

If I decide to play passively, with some Check/calls and whatnot because Villain is bluffy in freeplays I might actually bet this turn for simplicity after Checking flop. I'm now dubious whether He will bet worse than my hand now and don't want to make some retarded calls vs him. Thus I turn my hand into a bluff and give up on the hand if I see any action. (unless of course that lovely Q comes on river :p)
    • Gerv
      I stab it on the turn to let it go if he calls/raise you. His check behind can be as low as trash or as high as a slowplaying hand (AF..)

But im more leaning towards trash on the Flop so the Ace can completely change the dynamics. However, just take a stab at the pot and see what happens is my opinion :)

- Gerv