[NL2-NL10] top pair with good kicker nl25

• undercover82
      Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($25.95)
      UTG+1 ($26.98)
      UTG+2 ($10.10)
      MP1 ($14.99)
      MP2 ($7.30)
      MP3 ($47.10)
      CO ($47.70)
      Button ($3.60)
      Hero ($46.26)
      BB ($19.40)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q:spade: , A:heart: . Hero posts a blind of $0.10.
      [color:#666666]3 folds[/color], MP1 calls $0.25, MP2 calls $0.25, MP3 calls $0.25, [color:#666666]2 folds[/color], [color:#CC3333]Hero (poster) raises to $1.4[/color], [color:#666666]1 fold[/color], MP1 calls $1.25, MP2 folds, MP3 folds.

Flop: ($3.75) A:diamond: , 3:spade: , 2:club: [color:#0000FF](2 players)[/color]
      [color:#CC3333]Hero bets $2[/color], [color:#CC3333]MP1 raises to $4[/color], Hero calls $2.

Turn: ($11.75) 5:heart: [color:#0000FF](2 players)[/color]
      [color:#CC3333]Hero bets $5[/color], MP1 calls $5.

River: ($21.75) T:heart: [color:#0000FF](2 players)[/color]
      Hero checks, MP1 calls $14.99 (All-In), Hero calls $4.49.

Final Pot: $41.23

Results in white below: [color:#FFFFFF]
      Hero has Qs Ah (one pair, aces).
      MP1 has Ac 2h (two pair, aces and twos).
      Outcome: MP1 wins $30.73. Hero wins $10.50. [/color]

opponent is a loose fish who plays 50% of his hands. Should i get suspected at the miniraise and fold my hand ? should i have checked on the turn maybe?
      On river im pot commited so i have to call the 5 dollars. How should i have played this differently in general ?
  • 4 replies
    • kexix
      there are 3 limpers and you're playing this hand oop so i would raise 1.75-2$.
      If you hit your A make a pot size bet and if he still reraises you i would fold or check/fold on the turn it depends on my information about the villain.
    • Alaton
      Minimum raise to 2$ preflop, you will get way too many callers with the small amount you bet here.
      The other action depends a lot on the stats of your opponent, he is loose you said, but is he aggressive or a callingstation ?
      If he's a callingstation bet out a bit stronger on the flop and put him All-In on the turn if he calls.(He could very well have a weaker ace and will often call with that)
      A Raise on the flop from a callingstation should worry you, I would call(because of the good odds) and then check/fold the turn against another solid bet from him.

Against aggressive opponents, you play the same but check-raise his bet on the turn All-In.
      Again a worse Ace is a likely holding for an aggressive opponent here.
      (It is hard to get away from TPTK against an aggressive opponent who only has a half-stack)
    • undercover82
      he has a low aggresion factor , i guess i should have noticed it earlier. Just recently started using pokerace because i wanted to have a bigger database first.
      I have few questions about it. First , on the total aggresion postflop for an opponent i get a number like 4.0. But when i check on pokertracker the same opponent i see something like 8.0 4.0 2.0 for postflop and 2.0 total aggresion.
      Is that correct?
      Also , which stats do you have pokerace display for each opponent? I have the default ones and was wondering if there are some other important statistics that i should have.
    • Alaton
      With the aggression, I think Pockertracker shows an average aggression for each street indiviually, but I still use the total aggression to simplify the use.
      You can still check his individual stats by right clicking on his playername on Partypoker.
      Which stats you should display will get into a little evolution, meaning you will add one at a time and learn how to use it and how to implement it in your game. When being familiar with all the stats you see, you can look out for another one to display to get all reads you need in a hand.

I myself use
      1) VPIP, PFR, Nr.Hands
      2) Aggression, Fold to continuationbet, Went to showdown
      3) Attemp to steal, Fold BB to steal