[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH combo draw

• VytenisN
      Oponent 39/17/2, just 18 hands, fold to c-bet 100 (3/3).
      I know PF raise can look questionable, but i believe situation table situation allowed me to raise this suited one-gapper.
      After his turn raise, i think he is commited and i don't have any fold equity.
      By my calculations i need 31% equity. I was playing with pokerstove and i believe it almost always profitable to push turn with this combo draw. Am i wrong ?
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

BB ($25.32)
      UTG ($26.68)
      MP ($38.92)
      Hero (CO) ($43.02)
      Button ($43.33)
      SB ($4.93)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 2, 4
      2 folds, Hero bets $0.75, 2 folds, BB calls $0.50

Flop: ($1.60) 5, 3, 9 (2 players)
      BB bets $0.75, Hero raises to $3, BB calls $2.25

Turn: ($7.60) 2 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $5, BB raises to $13, Hero ??
  • 3 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      After he donk/calls the flop i'd likely assume my outs are tainted because bad players often do that with draws, like they know they cant call a big bet so they blockbet small and then call a raise anyway.
      Point is most of the time they won't fold to another bet on the turn unless you pot it, which would make me more inclined to check behind, not knowing if i'm even drawing live to a flush, and be careful on a flushing turn.

As played his line is really weird unless he has 64 A4 or some awfully-played flopped made hand. Because i dont know if he could get out of line in a blinds vs steal situation and he apparently has no problem folding the flop when he has nothing, i would cut my losses and fold. It's usually better then spewing when you have no idea wtf is going on with an unknown given how weak you hand really is at the moment.
    • Bierbaer
      I think a push might be a very marginal play, but you over 3:1 ods and you have 15 Outs for your straight and you flush.
      I consider a 2 to be an Out sometimes, too.
      Since a fold would be a bit weak and a push overplayed - i'd call.
      You got a breakeven or slightly +EV call (i didn't include your implied odds) and it will tilt you opponent if you shove the river for $8 left if you hit.
    • VytenisN
      Opponent had 2h 5h. Just calling here would have saved me 8 dollars.