SHC chart

• toffeej
      toffeej
      Bronze
      AQo for example is reported as 'Raise' with no back slash. Does this mean if there is a raise behind us we fold? Similarly QTs in middle or early is simply 'Call'...? What I'm basically asking is what it means when there is a word on its own.

Raise 0 would mean only raise of 0 other people had right? Call 3 only if 3 other people had called behind us yeah? What about Raise 0 / Call 3 though? I'm not sure I am understanding that one properly. Raise if nobody else does but only Call if 2 other people call a raise?

Also JJ-TT is Raise / Raise 1. So raise if nobody else has and 3-bet if one person has raised behind us? It's the Raise 1 bit I have a bit of trouble with.

I just wanna make sure I'm following the chart correctly, sorry if some of the questions seem a bit daft.
  • 3 replies
    • Anakha
      Anakha
      Bronze
      No if there is no backslash, we fold the hand when there is a raise in front of us.

If there is no raise, we act as the SHC says (AQo: Raise) if _one_ raise comes behind us, we always call. If we are raised twice (or more) we again act on information behind the backslash.
      So AQo would be a fold (Nothing behind the backslash) but AQs would be a call (entry says "Raise/Call".

In case of a "Raise 0 / Call 3" entry, Only raise if there is no one in the hand so far (either calling or raising), if a raise comes only call if there are at least 3 people active in the hand (if they called before the raiser or after the raiser).

And Raise / Raise 1, Raise if no one else did, if someone raised before us and only he is in the pot (no one called before or after his raise) we Reraise, otherwise we call.

Hope that makes sense, only had one coffee today.

And don't worry about you're questions, I had to puzzle a bit on it the first time I read it as well :) . And I distinctly remember thinking there were 3 late positions on the table during my first month, how's that for being daft? ;)
    • Stefan1000
      Stefan1000
      Bronze
      EDIT: I've been to late! :D
    • toffeej
      toffeej
      Bronze
      Cheers guys.

I can see how playing the chart correctly is key. I'm learning new things every day off the forum and site which is all credit to you guys.

My game needs many improvements but I can see them coming every day.