This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Nl25 Sh 55

• VytenisN
      VytenisN
      Diamond
      Villain just arrived at the table, it is his first hand.Converter doesn't show, but he just posted BB. So there are two indicators, that he isn't decent player. However i got completely lost in this situation, because i got no idea about his range
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

Button ($25.62)
      SB ($7.30)
      BB ($24.74)
      UTG ($55.38)
      Hero (MP) ($26.47)
      CO ($5)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 5, 5
      1 fold, Hero bets $1.10, CO raises to $2.75, 3 folds, Hero ??
  • 3 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Given that it is his first hand, he posted oop and he bought in for the minimum, i'm shoving over for a flip. i hate shortstacks, and there are way more bad shortstacks than good ones out there, and they defend their post/gamble here with crap like baby aces or any 2 broadways often enough imo.

No shame in giving it up against an unknown if you're variance-averse, its personal preference.
    • Bierbaer
      Bierbaer
      Bronze
      Vs his 20BB stack i'd put it in, too.
      You need a little under 40% equity, vs {KK+, AK} you got 39%.
      If he 3bets more of his pocket pairs your EQ gets lower, but i think in this case he'd be 3betting AQ, too, so you gor the equity you need.

And as tamairlarace mentioned, it might save you from playing out of position to a shortstack.
    • VytenisN
      VytenisN
      Diamond
      So i made a correct decision and pushed, villain showed pocker 88's and immediately left the table.