[NL20-NL50] Nl25 Sh 55

• VytenisN
      Villain just arrived at the table, it is his first hand.Converter doesn't show, but he just posted BB. So there are two indicators, that he isn't decent player. However i got completely lost in this situation, because i got no idea about his range
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

Button ($25.62)
      SB ($7.30)
      BB ($24.74)
      UTG ($55.38)
      Hero (MP) ($26.47)
      CO ($5)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 5, 5
      1 fold, Hero bets $1.10, CO raises to $2.75, 3 folds, Hero ??
  • 3 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      Given that it is his first hand, he posted oop and he bought in for the minimum, i'm shoving over for a flip. i hate shortstacks, and there are way more bad shortstacks than good ones out there, and they defend their post/gamble here with crap like baby aces or any 2 broadways often enough imo.

No shame in giving it up against an unknown if you're variance-averse, its personal preference.
    • Bierbaer
      Vs his 20BB stack i'd put it in, too.
      You need a little under 40% equity, vs {KK+, AK} you got 39%.
      If he 3bets more of his pocket pairs your EQ gets lower, but i think in this case he'd be 3betting AQ, too, so you gor the equity you need.

And as tamairlarace mentioned, it might save you from playing out of position to a shortstack.
    • VytenisN
      So i made a correct decision and pushed, villain showed pocker 88's and immediately left the table.