[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH JJ against PF shove

• VytenisN
      VytenisN
      Bronze
      First of all, sorry for flooding your forum, but in the last session i had few very tough decisions.
      Villain is a complete fish: 82/9/3.3 but just over 11 hands. He already did some very fishy moves, but he shoves PF first time. Are there any reason to call ?

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

Hero (BB) ($26.37)
      UTG ($30.44)
      MP ($23.84)
      Button ($17.79)
      SB ($23.77)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J, J
      1 fold, MP calls $0.25, 1 fold, SB bets $23.77 (All-In), 2 folds

Total pot: $0.75 | Rake: $0
  • 2 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      We already have enough to conclude he's a fish, but he doesnt seem to be too raise-happy preflop.

I'd say a lot depends on what you've seen him do. Unless he doubled up early and then lost a stack again, he doesn't seem to have any reason to tilt like that. If he had, and MP didnt seem to be crazy enough to overcall the shove after limping with garbage, i'd probably have called.

As it is, it doesn't make any sense from our perspective, unless it was a missclick. In fish psychology, you're either a huge dog because he decided pocket aces were worth a lot of money, or a slight favorite or flipping because he went crazy bluffy over a poor limper. Given that you didn't invest any money yet, I'd pass and wait for a better spot to take his stack.
    • Bierbaer
      Bierbaer
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tamairlarace
      As it is, it doesn't make any sense from our perspective, unless it was a missclick. In fish psychology, you're either a huge dog because he decided pocket aces were worth a lot of money, or a slight favorite or flipping because he went crazy bluffy over a poor limper. Given that you didn't invest any money yet, I'd pass and wait for a better spot to take his stack.
      Agree.

Even fishes do this rarely if they just hold TT or even a lower pp.
      So i'd fold this, too.