[NL20-NL50] Nl25 TT

• VytenisN
      VytenisN
      Silver
      Villain 28/6/0.5/32 hands. He offered very good odds on turn. Can i play this situation differently ?

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

SB ($9.50)
      Hero (BB) ($26.10)
      UTG ($27.74)
      MP ($24.65)
      CO ($29.52)
      Button ($8.78)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 10:diamond: , 10:club:
      1 fold, MP calls $0.25, 3 folds, Hero bets $1.10, MP calls $0.85

Flop: ($2.30) 5:heart: , 8:diamond: , A:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.75, MP calls $1.75

Turn: ($5.80) 5:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $2.25, Hero calls $2.25

River: ($10.30) 6:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP checks

Total pot: $10.30
  • 3 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      I'd raise bigger preflop because he'll call anyway, your hand figures to be best like always, and you're out of position. 6BB for me.

without reads on what he is limp/calling with preflop, we have to assume he could have anything. because he seems loose passive, he'd likely call the flop with worse all day long, so i'd cbet for pure value.

the turn is somewhat bad because he could have peeled with a 5, and being out of position valuebetting becomes kinda thin. i'd probably bet/fold turn and c/f the river anyway because he'll still call with worse on the turn, and if he decides to bet or raise by himself, we know he likes his hand and we can fold confortably.

As played, we gave up initiative and we cant be sure he's not gonna bet the river too, which means finding out what he's up to could be expensive, even with the great odds we get on the turn.
      If you've seen him react to a check by betting smallish before and then giving up, you can c/c and c/f the river to see what that line means from him, but from a loose passive player its unlikely he's floating very often. Calling down loose passive players isn't the way to go against them.
    • Bierbaer
      Bierbaer
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tamairlarace
      the turn is somewhat bad because he could have peeled with a 5, and being out of position valuebetting becomes kinda thin. i'd probably bet/fold turn and c/f the river anyway because he'll still call with worse on the turn, and if he decides to bet or raise by himself, we know he likes his hand and we can fold confortably.
      This.

He is not likely to raise you light at the turn, so you can bet rather than check/call, you'll lose the same amount if you are beaten, but you still protect vs draws.
      If he raises you he's almost certainly ahead.
    • VytenisN
      VytenisN
      Silver
      Thatnks for reply, opponent had pocket 99's