This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AJo free play on the BB

• undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($48.95)
      SB ($66)
      Hero ($10)
      UTG ($94.50)
      UTG+1 ($32.95)
      MP1 ($50)
      MP2 ($50.20)
      CO ($86.12)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:club: , J:spade: . SB posts a blind of $0.25.
      [color:#666666]3 folds[/color], MP2 calls $0.50, CO calls $0.50, [color:#666666]1 fold[/color], SB (poster) completes, Hero checks.

Flop: ($2) A:spade: , 5:club: , K:spade: [color:#0000FF](4 players)[/color]
      SB checks, [color:#CC3333]Hero bets $1.5[/color], MP2 folds, CO folds, SB calls $1.50.

Turn: ($5) 4:heart: [color:#0000FF](2 players)[/color]
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($5) 7:diamond: [color:#0000FF](2 players)[/color]
      [color:#CC3333]SB bets $3[/color], Hero calls $3.

Final Pot: $11

Results in white below: [color:#FFFFFF]
      SB has 7h Kc (two pair, kings and sevens).
      Hero has Ac Js (one pair, aces).
      Outcome: SB wins $11. [/color]

A few questions about this hand : According to the chart i raise this. However i had just lost the last hand where i had a straight on the flop only to lose to a fullhouse on the river , and maybe my image wasnt very good. Also 2 fish with 40 and 45 VPIP were in the hand which might call seeing this as a steal. Should i still raise this ? If so , the correct raise is at 3.5 $ ?
      Regardless on the raising i get a top pair with an ok kicker and i thought i am best at the time. One of the fish calls me. Do i fire another barrel on the turn or should i check behind like i did ? And is my call on the river correct?
      I only have 55 hands on the villain but his aggresion factor is low.
  • 5 replies
    • Alaton
      Alaton
      Black
      Seems like your opponent was a typical Callingstation, and against passive callingstations betting for value with top pair is definitely fine here.
      So I would bet the turn again, maybe for like 1/2 Pot, also to protect against a possible flushdraw.

Against an aggressive opponent your line extracts the most money because they will not really often have a flushdraw here(they would've raised it on the flop), but often a weaker Ace or maybe even a king.
      And they will quite surely bet out on the river and you have an easy call with that river card.

Oh and btw. against calling stations I sometimes only check here too,because you will often be unimproved and OOP against someone who is calling most Continuationbets.
    • DELETED_159018
      DELETED_159018
      Global
      First of all
      let me introduce myself
      i am martin from the netherlands, i came here to check some interesting discussions, excuse me if my english isnt so good.

With a AJ on the BB and nobody raised before you, you can try to steal the pot right a away, a raise to $ 3,50 would drive the K7 out.
      But this is very risky, so just calling to see the flop was a good action.

with a flop like A K 5 i also would bet something like $1,50 because at this moment i want the other to call my bet, not to fold.

but if he does call and the turn brings a 'harmless' 4, i bet a lot more to get information about the opponent's hand and to make him fold with a draw hand, i think i bet something like $3,50 in this situation.

He can't call with a straight draw (if he likes his 2 or 3) or with one pair.

With the check you give him a free card to win the hand.

But its also a bummer that the 7 comes.

Better luck next time

Martin
    • Alaton
      Alaton
      Black
      Oh and btw, please don't post results at the end of the hand, it often influences the discussion.
    • undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      Ok i wont... even though they are "in white" and you can choose to not see them if you dont want :D
    • Alaton
      Alaton
      Black
      Originally posted by undercover82
      Ok i wont... even though they are "in white" and you can choose to not see them if you dont want :D
      Who can resist ??
      No one can ;)