need a chair, what chair should i buy?

• Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      I need an office chair that i can use for poker etc. and for relaxing, watching a film ro whatever. I want it to be very comfortable and healthy for my back. i'm willing to spend a couple of hundred euros. what kind of chair should i go for?
  • 10 replies
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      An airchair obviously :) .

If you can find something like this, I'd reccommend buying it because these chairs are very good for your back + help you concentrate at poker :) .

http://www.spinalis.net/en/
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      thanks, i'll look into that. more suggesstions please!
    • travoltaJOHNy
      travoltaJOHNy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Primzi
      An airchair obviously :) .

If you can find something like this, I'd reccommend buying it because these chairs are very good for your back + help you concentrate at poker :) .

http://www.spinalis.net/en/
      funny chair :D looks like some kind of a toy, but seems comfortable
    • LetchLord
      LetchLord
      Bronze
      Check these two babies out:

Chair #1

Chair #2

I'm also looking for a chair to buy and I'm going to get something like #2. However, I'm looking for a chair in the local shops and I'm willing to pay no more than $100.
    • AussieIan
      AussieIan
      Bronze
      for working at the computer, get a chair without arms, and adjustable height (your arms should rest comfortably on the desk).

it should also have good lumbar support....for a guide to where this support should be, put your hands on your hips (no, really!!). work to the centre of your back from the top of your hip bone to find the bottom of your lumber spine. The support should be from there upwards.

Other than that, brobably best to steer away from gimmicks.

For more info really you'd need an analysis of your work station.

Hope that helps
    • Gamer135
      Gamer135
      Bronze
      So why do you recommend getting a chair without arms (other than the fact that they tend to be cheaper? ;) ) I'm in the market for one too, but my wife insists on getting one with arms for some reason. Personally, I don't see the difference.

We both agree on the lumbar support, though.
    • MrPavlos
      MrPavlos
      Global
      Kruppe the answer is simple imho.

http://www.ikea.com

cheers

ps : Dunno if this link is allowed,if not sorry folks didnt knew it wasnt
    • AussieIan
      AussieIan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gamer135
      So why do you recommend getting a chair without arms (other than the fact that they tend to be cheaper? ;) ) I'm in the market for one too, but my wife insists on getting one with arms for some reason. Personally, I don't see the difference.

We both agree on the lumbar support, though.
      The arm supports tend to not be in the best position with regard to height, and this can actually lead to neck pain (transfers through shoulders without getting too technical), plus most chairs with arms wont go under a desk, again having an adverse effect on posture.

If your wife absolutely insists on a chair with arms though, at least get adjustable height, and make sure that the chair will still fit under the desk. I can get together more complex info if you like...just let me know.

Hope that answers your question.
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MrPavlos
      Kruppe the answer is simple imho.

http://www.ikea.com

cheers

ps : Dunno if this link is allowed,if not sorry folks didnt knew it wasnt
      Ikea. Enjoy your affordable Swedish crap.
    • Gamer135
      Gamer135
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AussieIan

The arm supports tend to not be in the best position with regard to height, and this can actually lead to neck pain (transfers through shoulders without getting too technical), plus most chairs with arms wont go under a desk, again having an adverse effect on posture.

If your wife absolutely insists on a chair with arms though, at least get adjustable height, and make sure that the chair will still fit under the desk. I can get together more complex info if you like...just let me know.

Hope that answers your question.
      Perfectly, thanks!