This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Silver article: On the Turn – Theory Put to Practice

• VytenisN
      VytenisN
      Diamond
      Example 5
      Can someone explain me why article teaches to bet turn ? Argument that i found there are worthless for me. Protect ? From what ?
      Firsly, opponent is agressive 26/22 player. I believe this type of player is thinking one.
      His PF range almost allways would be very wide, but calling a 3-bet OOP certainly narrows it to something like pocket pairs, AJ+, maybe KQ. He would definetely c-bet with overpairs with one spade and AJ+ with one spade.
      I believe check from this oponent can be just giving up a hand or checking as a trapping ( since we showed aggression).
      He calls, and in my opinion there is nothing to protect from and we need to remember pot control.
      Article clearly states: ''You are committed after having bet on the turn.'' Do a good player really want to be commited with this type of hand on this board against this particular opponent ? Personally i do not. Please correct me if i am wrong. Thank you in advance.
      P.S. sorry for bad english
  • 2 replies