Dilemma

• p0rkus
      p0rkus
      Bronze
      Alright so its gonna be my 18th birthday soon, and I have been aquainting myself with various platforms and trying to find out as much info about them as possible just by clicking around. Also I know alot of info seeing my dad play on Stars and Party. So now I am a little confused and would like some advice.

Stars has loads of tables for everything, but impossible to gain VPP's at the lower limits and thus to secure the capital, I am afraid that if I join here and have to do something different with my free time in these three months then I will have to get my BR to one hunred and wait till they take the 50 off it just to make sure. apparently stars is actually more fishy at the lower limits than party, is this true? then again this probably doesnt even matter.

I know it is extremely easy to get points on party, my dad gets plenty and he doesnt even play that much. And on party you only need 300 to secure the money. But this is all for fixed limit, and since i have been waiting for a while i have been aquanting myself with SnG's and NL articles and now im not really sure that I will be playing fixed limit more than them.

If I were to play mostly SnG where should i take the strating capital to? (party has few tables and im guessing points for 1 dollar buy in are very low) - also i guess Stars would be 1 point per tourny i would have to play 500 1 dollar tournies which is possible in three months but then again I really have no idea.

What about No Limit?

Or should i just put the capital on party, secure it by only playing Fixed Limit ( you can get 10 points for about 2 hours play is what i hear) and be patient - and then move to Stars to play SnG? Thanks
  • 4 replies
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hello p0rkus,

If you want to start with SnGs I would recommend PokerStars due to the ability to player lower rake tournaments & the high volume. You also have plenty of volume at PartyPoker but the rake at the really low limits is pretty high.

For NL it doesn't really matter as both platforms have plenty of traffic and fish :)

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SoyCD
      Hello p0rkus,

If you want to start with SnGs I would recommend PokerStars due to the ability to player lower rake tournaments & the high volume. You also have plenty of volume at PartyPoker but the rake at the really low limits is pretty high.

For NL it doesn't really matter as both platforms have plenty of traffic and fish :)

Best regards
      SoyCD
      Hello!

I thought that stars is way better for NL than party since there is an enormous ammount of short stackers on party and there are more tables on stars?

To the OP: It's easy to gain VPPs playing SNGs or short stack strategy. In 3 months you will be able to make your roll way biger than 100$ ;) .

Regards,

Primzi
    • p0rkus
      p0rkus
      Bronze
      RRRRRRRRR.....rrrr....

The one thing that is bugging me is that it shouldnt be that hard to claim the extra 100 on Party (only 50 on stars) + I have 30USD from inviting my dad and him having enough points (these can only be transferred to party) + and Party has SOO many easy FPP trade in cash bonuses and freerolls... I am still undecided but all this money that can be secured pretty well and is so valuable to a newb is just being missed out upon if i go to stars. Am i missing anything esle? THanks for the help.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hello p0rkus,

Don't forget that you can at anytime after having cleared the bonus still move from site to site. Your main consideration should be where to start and build your bankroll to the three digit area. Afterwards you can still go to either Stars or Party to continue playing there :)

Best regards
      SoyCD