This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Nl50SH QQ

• Katavich
      Katavich
      Bronze
      $0.25/$0.5 No Limit Holdem
      6 players
      Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($60.70)
      Hero (UTG+1) ($97.25)
      CO ($49.50)
      BTN ($38.30)
      SB ($57.90)
      BB ($113.50)

Pre-flop: ($0.75, 6 players) Hero is UTG+1 Q:heart: Q:diamond:
      UTG raises to $1.75, Hero calls $1.75, 4 folds

Flop: 5:spade: 7:club: 5:heart: ($4.25, 2 players)
      UTG bets $3, Hero raises to $7.50, UTG calls $4.50

Turn: 3:heart: ($19.25, 2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $11, UTG calls $11

River: A:spade: ($41.25, 2 players)
      UTG bets $40.45, Hero folds

Final Pot: $81.70

UTG wins $79.65 ( won +$18.95 )
      Hero lost -$20.25

I didn't 3bet preflop because behind me was pretty aggressive guy who liked to squeeze and we have history together. Villain is 45/36/2.2/29 ,some sort of fish. Fold river is right decision?
  • 5 replies
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      So you were waiting for a squeeze to come over the top ? I wouldn`t really like that , I would just 3-bet and if he might 4-bet lightly because of history the better , I would go broke pf against such a guy with QQ.

As played fold river is the better option I think.
    • Katavich
      Katavich
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanDin7
      So you were waiting for a squeeze to come over the top ? I wouldn`t really like that , I would just 3-bet and if he might 4-bet lightly because of history the better , I would go broke pf against such a guy with QQ.
      I don't agree with you. He would 3bet with marginal hands but he isn't fish/stupid to 4bet bluff with garbage, because of him, call preflop is right decision. I was only concerned about that fish who pushed all in, because it seems that he got his A...
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Given how loose utg is, i'd say that getting in a 3bet pot with him while holding QQ trumps the fact that we could pull a move on a potential squeezer behind us.

as played river A obviously sucks as these people don't like to fold A-high. the fact that he floated your flop raise and also called your turn bet makes him holding an A less likely, unless it's exactly AA, A5 or A7, but i still wouldn't discard the possibility.

you basically have a bluff-catcher, and without having seen him pull a stunt like that before, i likely wouldn't put in 80bb to find out either. people often bluff way less than we think.
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      Even if you say he won`t 4-bet bluff you still have to 3-bet QQ there basically for value against fish.
    • Bierbaer
      Bierbaer
      Bronze
      I think i'd 3bet preflop, too.
      As BogdanDin7 said it is simply for value, you want to play a pot as big as possible in position vs the fish.

As played i'd raise bigger at the flop, like $10-$11.
      And at the turn you should bet bigger as well, this guy will pay you off anyway.

If you raise to $10 at the flop there are ~$24 in the pot at the turn. You can bet $16 so at the river there are $46 in the pot.
      If he shoves now, he will be less likely to have an A in his range since you bet that big. And at the same time you get much better odds. You got ~$30 left and there are ~$56 in the pot.