UTG ($60.70)
      Hero (UTG+1) ($97.25)
      CO ($49.50)
      BTN ($38.30)
      SB ($57.90)
      BB ($113.50)

Pre-flop: ($0.75, 6 players) Hero is UTG+1 Q:heart: Q:diamond:
      UTG raises to $1.75, Hero calls $1.75, 4 folds

Flop: 5:spade: 7:club: 5:heart: ($4.25, 2 players)
      UTG bets $3, Hero raises to $7.50, UTG calls $4.50

Turn: 3:heart: ($19.25, 2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $11, UTG calls $11

River: A:spade: ($41.25, 2 players)
      UTG bets $40.45, Hero folds

Final Pot: $81.70

UTG wins $79.65 ( won +$18.95 )
      Hero lost -$20.25

I didn't 3bet preflop because behind me was pretty aggressive guy who liked to squeeze and we have history together. Villain is 45/36/2.2/29 ,some sort of fish. Fold river is right decision?
  • 5 replies
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      So you were waiting for a squeeze to come over the top ? I wouldn`t really like that , I would just 3-bet and if he might 4-bet lightly because of history the better , I would go broke pf against such a guy with QQ.

As played fold river is the better option I think.
    • Katavich
      Katavich
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanDin7
      So you were waiting for a squeeze to come over the top ? I wouldn`t really like that , I would just 3-bet and if he might 4-bet lightly because of history the better , I would go broke pf against such a guy with QQ.
      I don't agree with you. He would 3bet with marginal hands but he isn't fish/stupid to 4bet bluff with garbage, because of him, call preflop is right decision. I was only concerned about that fish who pushed all in, because it seems that he got his A...
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Given how loose utg is, i'd say that getting in a 3bet pot with him while holding QQ trumps the fact that we could pull a move on a potential squeezer behind us.

as played river A obviously sucks as these people don't like to fold A-high. the fact that he floated your flop raise and also called your turn bet makes him holding an A less likely, unless it's exactly AA, A5 or A7, but i still wouldn't discard the possibility.

you basically have a bluff-catcher, and without having seen him pull a stunt like that before, i likely wouldn't put in 80bb to find out either. people often bluff way less than we think.
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      Even if you say he won`t 4-bet bluff you still have to 3-bet QQ there basically for value against fish.
    • Bierbaer
      Bierbaer
      Bronze
      I think i'd 3bet preflop, too.
      As BogdanDin7 said it is simply for value, you want to play a pot as big as possible in position vs the fish.

As played i'd raise bigger at the flop, like $10-$11.
      And at the turn you should bet bigger as well, this guy will pay you off anyway.

If you raise to $10 at the flop there are ~$24 in the pot at the turn. You can bet $16 so at the river there are $46 in the pot.
      If he shoves now, he will be less likely to have an A in his range since you bet that big. And at the same time you get much better odds. You got ~$30 left and there are ~$56 in the pot.