poker tools and software

• justgeo
      justgeo
      Bronze
      Hi, I have tried a search in here and looked through the forum and cant find much on poker tools. i know there are a lot of them about for different areas of the game, i was wondering whats best out there.
      i used elephant yesterday and was surprised with that. it seemed slow to respond to the changing conditions and had what i would call 'calling stations down as passive players when almost the opposite was true. it was a great help with reviewing hands though, that part i did like.
      so any suggestions as to what could be most beneficial? i have Tournament Indicator and Texas Calculatem at the moment and am looking to trial poker crusher if they ever get around to finding me a licence. just thought i would ask around in here to see what, if anything, people use already or your suggestions.

cheers
  • 4 replies
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by justgeo
      am looking to trial poker crusher if they ever get around to finding me a licence.
      PokerCrusher is one of many banned poker programs. You might want to uninstall it completely before you open your poker software again.

The big trackers are PokerTracker 3 and Hold'em Manager. There's also SNG Wizard if you play SNGs.

Of course if you haven't noticed the downloads button up there at the top of your browser that has quite a bit of useful software ... well I guess Primzi will facepalm you soon.
    • palatgigi
      palatgigi
      Global
      this soft is not so good.. u can bluff with this soft...
      play poker how you know and u will win!
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hello justgeo,

I am not sure what you mean with "it seemed slow to respond to the changing conditions and had what i would call 'calling stations down as passive players when almost the opposite was true."

The Elephant simply gives out the statistics of all of the players according to their play. That means if a player is shown as passive he has not been raising a lot in his last hands but seems to call more.

You can also switch the HUD display from simple mode to advanced mode to get actual numeric values for the tendencies of your opponents.

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • justgeo
      justgeo
      Bronze
      thanks for that Soy. i have yet to get accustomed to poker elephant but do like what i see. anything that gives decent info out is ok by me. once i am more familiar with it and have maybe tweaked it a little then i might be in more of a position to comment. that was just a first impression of it.
      cheers for that though.