[NL2-NL10] NL10 FR AKo got squeezed

• Volrath89
      Volrath89
      Bronze
      No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (9 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP1 ($10)
      MP2 ($2.30)
      MP3 ($3.70)
      CO ($5.80)
      Button ($2.35)
      SB ($11.80)
      BB ($10)
      UTG ($2)
      Hero (UTG+1) ($11.05)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A:club: , K:heart:
      1 fold, Hero bets $0.40, 3 folds, CO calls $0.40, 2 folds, BB raises $1.10, Hero ???

4bet/push?, call and give up to his CB unimproved? or just fold?

Villain is unknown and I'm not sure if many ppl know what a squeeze is in NL10, so he might be raising for value, in that case I feel a little behind, so I'm not sure what to do w/out stats.
  • 5 replies
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      folding is not a option.Since you will play the hand IP you can minimize the variance and just call. if is going to cbet and you didn't improved you can give up and fold.
      4betting includes variance but also FE. btw he can be raising for value with worser PP then KK so you shouldn't be that worried from 4betting cause there are only 2 hands which got you dominated.
    • rickydaprince
      rickydaprince
      Bronze
      Yep just call his 3bet in position, and reevaluate on flop.
    • Volrath89
      Volrath89
      Bronze
      Hmm ok, here I disagree with both :P

I actually folded the hand, and don't like much calling and reevaluating on the flop.

Why? I think by not being preflop aggressor I'm in bad shape here, even IP. The times I hit, I'm going to raise his c-bet most of the times, and he is just going to fold worse hands, and push only with aces and kings (maybe if I'm lucky with AQ) so if I hit I'm not going to stack him too often, but he is stacking me like always with kings and aces.
      And if gets worse if I don't hit, I'd have to fold to his CB and he would beat me with any two..

Before I checked the answer here I asked for this situation (which is kinda standard) in a BSS spanish coaching. The coach told me this was a fold ?(
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      I'm not calling here for sure. It might well end up 3-handed with you in the middle which sucks + all the reasons you've already mentioned.
      What's more - he's just minraising here and I smell a rat. Without reads and history I push with QQ+, maaaaaybe AKs but I doubt it. AK is likely a fold, but a tough one.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

I don't mind the fold there, ye sure you are getting pretty good odds for a Call but after you Call you are also giving very good odds for CO and he is likely to Call also then and you will be in bad shape against him if you hit your TPTK hand. So I like the fold here and also I don't really expect them to squeeze very often on such limits, more likely has a strong hand.

Best regards,
      Rensu