evaluation of my play

• raun
      raun
      Bronze
      Hello

I believe this is my first thread or at least the first thread in a very long time on this site so let me first introduce myself.
      I have played poker for a good while on and off but never steady for a longer time. i play on party poker and my nick is rasmusraun.

now, i have started using pokertracker3 so i have some statistics on my play which i would like to discuss. i have still only played about 7k hands with pokertracker so im not sure if its too early.

I play sss NL25$ on 6-9 tables at the time and i have a vpip of: 9,10, a PFR of: 7,5, wtsd of 33 w$sd of 61,76.

my BB/100 are about 2,38. they have decreased some since i increased my tables from 4 to 6-9.

also my game is a lot more simple and tight now. i feel i make more mistakes but on the other hand i am winning more money on the same period of time.

does anyone have any comments or advice on my game from these numbers and info?

Rasmusraun
  • 20 replies
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      update:

i have decided with myself that i will play a max of 6 tables until i feel comfortable with that and then after consider moving up to 8-9.

still, i would be happy to have some feedback.

by the way what should i make of this ?

[img][IMG]https://img197.imageshack.us/img197/5166/unavngivetq.jpg[/IMG][/img]
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      bump
    • sm112
      sm112
      Black
      My advice is to play about 30-50k hands without tilting, and the come back here with your stats. Doing good so far, but 50k hands should show, if you are on an upswing or playing solid SSS.
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      thanks for the advice mate i think you are right i will come back with statistics when i have play 50k hands or something like that.
    • sm112
      sm112
      Black
      Meanwhile it's a good idea to post hands you are unsure about in the hands evaluation forum.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hello raun,

Its good to see you posting stats and asking questions on the forum. Since I am not an SSS player I can't say too much although with 9,1 PFR you seem to be on the higher end of the looseness scale (I know 6-8 vpip are also ok). You have only 7,5 PFR compared to the 9,1 vpip which means you are either limping/completing or calling a tad too much. I think you shouldn't have more than 1% difference between these two stats.

I will move this post to the NL discussion forum where you will hopefully get some more answers :)

I also recommend you start posting actual hands in the hand evaluation boards!

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      thank you very much for your analysis. i have now played 25k hands and would like to evaluate further.

my stats are now:

vpip: 7.80
      pfr: 7.30
      wtsd: 36.70
      w$sd: 61
      att to steal: 25
      fold bb to steal: 83.5
      flop af: 5.5
      turn af: 5.0
      river af: 4.8

i am making a fair profit but i am quite worried about my AF being so high.

edit: btw i play 12 tables and my bb/100 is around 2.0
    • harleytopper
      harleytopper
      Bronze
      Don't worry about AF, as SSS player you will have higher AF than BSS players, because most of the times you won't play turn and river.
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      so for an sss player my af is normal ?
    • sm112
      sm112
      Black
      Maybe it is a bit high, try to more carefully pick spots where to cbet flop when you didn't hit. Sometimes it's better to check/fold or bet/fold, analyze your hands and try to figure out when. 2bb/100 is not bad, but it can definitely be higher.
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      yeah i have tried to analyze my hands allthough i cant see my opponents stats in my hh replayer, is this possible with another replayer?

and i have read the cbet article over and over and watched movies as well too to find inspiration there. i know my BB/100 could be much higher and it is definately because of my postflop game.

i have found i have made a mistake once or twice when i have calculated my odds vs the potodds but most often that is not the problem.

i think my main problem is
      1: against a aggressive opponent postflop when i havent hit the flop.
      2: when the board doesnt call for a cbet. e.g. a board with all low cards or a draw heavy board and i havent hit.

should i just give up in these situations?
    • sm112
      sm112
      Black
      Try this:

Check/fold flop every time you do not hit and have only overcard outs. Cbet when you have 6 overcard outs + gutshot straight draw or other situation, where you have more outs than just overcards.

If I cbet OOP, I usually think, will I go allin if villain reraises. If the answer is yes, I will cbet, if no, I usually check/fold (fish type of players, high vpip and wtsd), unless I have a reason to believe villain will most probably fold to my cbet (tight players, low wtsd).

With pocket pairs and low board it's obv easy, but if there is an overcard in the flop, stick to bet/fold, unless you have a reason not to (good reads about villain calling down a lot with random cards).
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      thanks i think this will help a lot. i basically cbet every single flop so it will definately be a big change.

i have one question though:

- should i not allways cbet if my opponent has a "fold to cbet rate" of more than 50% or something like that? even if i only have 6 outs or even less.

i cbet ½ the pot so i only need to win 1 of 3 times. so if my opponent folds 1 of 2 times i should be good with any hand i would think.
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      i just checked my stats and my "cbet flop" is only 44 on my current limit which doesnt seem that high to me.

my cbet turn is 40%

and my fold to cbet is: 25% which seems low and i am guessing should be higher.
    • harleytopper
      harleytopper
      Bronze
      After 8k hands (of course my hand sample is small) on NL25 my af is:
      Flop = 31
      Turn = 6
      River = 3

And I can't say I'm maniac or something. I don't bet in to maniacs and water-heads (50/30 something).

I will post my lifetime stats from NL10 and NL25 later today when I will merge my DB's.
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      how often do you cbet flop?
    • TheLastNail
      TheLastNail
      Black
      i ll write this from perspective of bss plr who passed those lims and has some exp from other pole>

i think at NL25, also 50, espesially bss regs give way too much respect to ss players, so i d open up the game esp vs those a bit more, i think pfr/vpip of abt 9 is closer to what i d consider optimal.. esp squeeze play vs these should be extra profitable, u dont even mention it in your stats, by which i judge u mostly play abc strategy..

its ofc good, but the question is if its the best.. keep experimenting, watch some vids of advanced play, etc .. otherwise u seem solid, so normal winnig plr, but it could be better in my view..
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      okay thanks.

my play is quite simple but i am also multitabling so that is part of the reason.

i havent understood squeze betting 100%. what criteria should the person who raised have? very loose?

and should i just consider the cold callers dead money ?

with what handrange should i squeze?
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      to sum it all up so far:

what i should consider changing about my game is:

- check/fold more often when i dont hit the flop. unless the opponent has a high fold to cbet %
      - bet/fold when i have pp with an overcard on the board
      - squeeze more often
      - maybe also check/raise a bit more against aggressive players to make my game even less abc?

i think it is also important that i dont make my own game too advanced for myself as i am a multitable player.