Introducing...

• Reptile16
      Reptile16
      Bronze
      Good Morning One and All.

I started playing poker in April 2008, having had no interest in the game whatsoever prior to that point. At my nephew's 18th Birthday celebrations, inexplicably he was plyaing on PartyPoker and I watched as he managed to turn a 5k [play money] initial stack into 600k and then zero again. I was simpky fascinated by the various strategic elements and decisions and swiftly after I signed up to Party Poker myself, initially just with a play money account also.

I soon turned my 5k into 8 million play chips - wish it was real money - and naturally wondered about whether I had the stones for the game in the wider sense, so opened a real money account as well. I'm pleased to say that, even though I bust my original [modest] bankroll, that I'm now managing to avoid serial losses and am regularly breaking even on SnG tables.

Being a massive fan of Tottanham Hotspur FC, I've signed up with Mansion Poker also, where a special "Spurs Fans' Freeroll" runs every week, and I've had some creditable finishes just outside the top ten.

Having found this site completely by chance, of course I took advantage of the starting capital offer, and now play on Full Tilt as well.

I like the friendly feel of these forums and the depth of community spirit, and look forward hopefully to dispensing some words of widom at some point.

See you at the table...
  • 3 replies
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hey Reptile16, welcome to PokerStrategy.

It's very good to see you here despite the fact that your a Spurs supporter (only joking, I'm an Arsenal fan :D ;) ).

Seriously though, this is a great site that will really help you develop your game. Take your time to browse the various strategy, video and coaching sessions and also the many different forum sections.

Wishing you every success and enjoyment with your poker.

Best regards,

Bart
    • Reptile16
      Reptile16
      Bronze
      Thanks for the warm welcome Bart, nothing different than I expected based upon my experiences of the site to-date.

Though I could comment upon the footballing connection, I won't as we're generally Arsenal's poorer cousins these days.... I hear though that the Cleaning Lady at the Emirates has been questioned in the MP's expenses row, for claiming for trophy polish over the past few years... :D

Anyway, I look forward to getting well into the various features the site has to offer, in poker terms this is like having pocket aces constantly tucked away, easily the best-kept secret in the game.

Hopefully I'll go from :f_confused: to :s_cool: before too long.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      :D Football is like poker, it ebbs and flows mate, the spurs will bounce back like all good poker players after having Aces cracked for the upteenth time lol.

This site is like a sponge mate, the more you put in the more you get out, I just love the characters on here and I'm sure you'll get to know them all over time.

Welcome again, it's great having you here.

Bart

Edit: Oh by the way, say hello to some of the other Brits in this thread led by my good buddy Bulldog Steve ;)