[NL20-NL50] Nl25 Sh Ak

• VytenisN
      VytenisN
      Silver
      Hello,
      sometimes i am not sure how to play in standart situations with AK

Opponent 30/25 over 30 hands.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

Hero (Button) ($25)
      SB ($18.45)
      BB ($12.50)
      UTG ($29.98)
      MP ($30.62)
      CO ($27.61)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A, K
      UTG bets $0.75, 2 folds, Hero raises to $2.60, SB calls $2.50, 1 fold, UTG raises to $11,Hero raises to $25 (All-In)
  • 6 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      how active is he preflop, and how active have you been preflop ? lots of 3betting all around would change things, and i'll likely shove over in that case.

if not, 30/25 is pretty loose but only over a small sample. He raised utg, you still 3bet him, a fish coldcalled and yet he 4bet you big. You have no idea what the fish is gonna do behind you, and even if he just folds, you're likely up against AK,QQ+, as utg clearly stated he is not folding to a 5bet, he committed himself. All we know about him is that he seems to have bought in for a full stack and has decent stats, raising most of the hands he played.

Bottom line is, there still isn't enough dead money in the pot to justify you going up against that range. AK is NOT the nuts when you have no fold equity at all in a situation where the best you can hope for is a split or a flip.

that's my opinion at least.
    • csnmf
      csnmf
      Global
      I fold here. It's not like he thinks you are 3betting light his UTG raise and sb also cold calls so he's not making a move here.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      against 30/25 it seems easy shove.
      nh
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      It's over 30 hands, he could be a tag for all we know, hell i have those stats if i steal a a fair amount on the first rounds. It doesn't tell us anything about his response to a 3bet. There are people out there that never 3bet/4bet and yet they have 30+ PFR over a few hundreds hands. They wanna raise, but they also want to play and see a flop instead of just going nuts preflop :p
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      6-max game AK is too strong to fold, once you decided to 3-bet; they could easily go nut with AQ pf (yes they would no do that in nl 100 6max games against other regulars ) or just make some kind of expensive bluff or just 4-betting light there with TT-QQ.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      TT-QQ doesn't change our equity by much, the real question is indeed if he can do that with AQ or random bluffs.

I just don't see it happening often when the fish coldcalled our 3bet, unless he thinks the fish behind us will make us fold, and i wont give him credit for that the first time.