MP ($89.76)
      Hero ($50)
      BU ($66.53)

Dealt to Hero T:spade: A:spade:
      MP calls $0.50, Hero raises to $2.25, fold, fold, fold, MP calls $1.75,

FLOP ($5.25) 8:spade: 5:spade: 5:club:

check, Hero bets $4, MP calls $4,

TURN ($13.25) 8:spade: 5:spade: 5:club: K:heart:

check, Hero bets $11, MP raises to $27.50, Hero ??

Easy fold here, due to paired board?

If the board wasn't paired, do you call? We get 3:1 here. Shouldn't be hard to get the rest of our stack in when we hit the river.

By the way: How do I set HEM to display positions instead of nicknames? Im having to do it manually
  • 4 replies
    • Philipvw
      I would bet the turn a bit smaller.

As played:edited: I was wrong.
    • caltabiano
      I didn't get your calculations.

Effective stacks are $50. There's already $51.75 in the pot. I have to call $16.50 to see the river.

Let's say when I hit the flush I stack him, so that's another $16. So I'll make $67 when I hit. I'm investing $16.

My winnings would be 4:1 like the flush. So it's a breakeven move, considering he never has a FH and not considering rake also. Guess it's an easy fold then :)
    • MaestroOfZerg
      i agree with your ev calc, you need 4:1 on the turn and you only get 3:1, meaning you would need to win 1 more time the amount you call on the turn comes the river to get the correct price, which you likely will because you'll both be pot committed at that time.

the problem is, i dont really see what he's doing that with that is not at least a set here. maybe an horrendously bad slowplayed AA or some other pp that spazzed out on that K turn for no reason.. in the rare cases he is bluffing, he will not call your river shove unless he's nuts, and he will not shove himself because he has no fold equity.

the point is, you likely don't even have your full 9 outs, i'd discount like 1 that often makes a FH and maybe 0.5/1 more because you could be drawing dead already, making your calculations -EV almost always.
    • Kaitz20
      I´d like b/f turn, because it is drawy board, if yo think that villain could make there some kind of move, then bet/shove seems better idea.
      Because if you bet/call and he shoves river (he could also do that with flushdraws or just pure floats and you may fold the better hand