$50-$500; Capital @ Pacific..Double Or Nothings?

• sabo999
      sabo999
      Bronze
      I haven't yet received the $50 staring Capital @ Pacific, however what i plan to do is use the $50 only in Double or Nothing Sit N Go's...

Going to use 10Buy In's as my BRM..Start @ $5 with the $50 DoNs, Then $10 with $100.

Does anyone think this can be sucessful? oR should i really be starting at like $2 DoNs? Although it will take a lot longer to make a decent return that way - even if it is the safer option :)

and are there any good articles about the bubble on DoNs that anyone has read? I find it quite hard; i.e. harder than the usual bubble - which can be expected, given the nature of the tournaments.

Sabo :club:
  • 8 replies
    • steIIstuI
      steIIstuI
      Bronze
      i wouldn't recommend that. stick with BM of 50 BI. it's the key to success. you don't need to get rich that fast.

DoN's and SnG's are my specialty. I gained a lot of experience playing them and i would recommend that you play SnG's because the payout is bigger and they are looser there and the bubble is with 4 players in stead of 6 in the Don's.
      For me DoN's werent as profitable as the SnG's at a 1$ - 5$ BI so I just don't play them at all.
      However I played 30$ and 50$ DoN's and i loved it cause there are max 2 fishes and you can bluff and be really aggressive in the bubble.

I don't know if you understood anything :) ))

BANKROLL MANAGEMENT is everything.
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      I'll just say good luck with playing 34654365436 DoNs
    • sabo999
      sabo999
      Bronze
      i'll see how i go after the first 3/4 and if they are sh1t, then i'll just play normally and try build a roll that way, playing to strict BRM of 50BI. I'll post a few hands and what not in here if i remember lol..was just throwing that out to get a bit of feedback.
      Sabo :club:
    • Berkstajger
      Berkstajger
      Bronze
      DoNs on Pacific made me fall asleep. Blinds go up very slowly and one can last more than an hour and then when you get sucked out you realize you've thrown an hour of a decent poker time away for nothing... Well, maybe you'll like it, but I'm just not the type of person that could do that for a losy dollar.

And, BTW - there are 5$ + 0.50$ DoNs so actually you would have only 9 BIs with starting capital. I think you're very voulnerable when a blast of variance and one or two bad games come around...
    • steIIstuI
      steIIstuI
      Bronze
      i agree with berk...

with 9 BI you would have to win 5/9 for 1$ profit and so on, so mathematically it's better to play one 50$ BI DoN than 450 5$ where you'd have to win at least 250 of them for a 25$ profit
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      DoNs are only worth playing if you can 26-table them like I did once... But not enough traffic + impossible multi-tabling on pacific.
    • Mistyboyo
      Mistyboyo
      Bronze
      I do agree with abovementioned opinions.....If u want to build a nice BR, stick with the real strategy......
      I played DONs at PACIFIC and have to say....it sucks......got many bad beats straight away....and the software, the whole poker room just did not get me at all......

There are not enough tables at certain limits....

I am very dissapointed of it.....i will rather stick to PP and Mansion

Good luck to all PPLs at Pacific anyway.

;)
    • Zheelvern
      Zheelvern
      Bronze
      You should play HU Super Turbo DONs :D