want some help..

• MrPavlos
      MrPavlos
      Global
      YOU HAVE POSITION ON THE AGGRESSOR

You could also raise directly on the flop. Ideally your opponent will fold; if he raises you'll at least know you're beat and can get out of the way without investing any more.
      Be cautious if he calls. If he then bets on the turn you're probably best off folding.If he checks, it's safest to check as well .

So here i got a question,after betting a flop in position,and then after a check on the turn checking as well, often villain will bet a river and many times with air too since he "sensed" some weakness by our check.Then we will be at the river with our medium hand and our correct move there will be to fold,but if we play against a villain who is smart enough he will then start abusing this play.

Thats just thoughts,i maybe completely wrong but i have got in that spot many times and it's frustrating,but annoying to fold too.
      What do ya think?

Cheers
  • 4 replies
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MrPavlos
      What do ya think?
      In some cases you should always call. In some cases you should always fold.

You really didn't give us enough information about the villain for any sort of discussion.

Is this guy a regular? A fish? Is he loose? aggressive? passive? Are you both deep stacked? Is the pot big or small? Is the river bet big or small?

What time is it in his time zone? (Some people get back from bars and clubs and just start donking off chips.)

You definitely need to have some sort of read before you call a river bet with ace high though.
    • MrPavlos
      MrPavlos
      Global
      Hey,u seem to missunderstood me a bit,what is written above is from the strategy section,and as i was reading it,i came up with that question,i aint talking about a hand.thx for the feedback though
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      There's plenty of things you can do to stop this. I played against a villian that always, I mean always, floated and stole the pot on the turn. Everytime I would raise he would call, call flop, and steal on the turn. I found that the best way to stop this is to second barrel on scare cards. Does a king or an ace come on the turn or a brick? I find it best to stay aggressive on the turn if you have the reads that your opponent floats a lot.

It does depend if you're OOP or not though. In position even with strong hands I check behind on the turn and allow my opponent to bluff into me, out of position I second barrel on scare cards. Give it a try and post the results!
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Hi

Villain will not abuse this. He is folding everything but top pair with that play on the flop (most of the time) and he will not bet medium pair on the river.

Opponents do not think that much till higher limits.