3 questions for a bronze player

• GeorgW
      GeorgW
      Bronze
      Hello everyone,

3 questions from an extended Shortstack poker noob for my first post here:

1. Correct decision?
      Hero Button ($1.70) with Q:club: K:spade:
      2 calls, hero raises $0.60, SB calls, 1 call
      Flop: 9:club: K:club: T:spade:
      op bets $0.30, 1 call, hero all-in ($1.10) for high pair
      I believe according to the strategy it is correct to go all-in, but should the bet discourage me here?

2. Correct decision?
      Hero CO ($1.65) K:spade: A:heart:
      1 call, 1 BB, hero raise $0.60, 1 call
      Flop: T:diamond: 2:diamond: Q:spade: (Pot now: $1.45)
      1 check, hero all-in.
      So the question is: if my continuation bet of $0.70 is close to my stack size ($1.05), do I go all-in?

3. Question to Shartstack-Strategy Post-Flop Fundamentals
      On playing the turn it sais:
      Special case: your stack is only half the size of the pot for the flop betting round
      In this case you always go all-in, regardless of what your hand is, how many opponents you have, or what they're doing.

Question: does this apply also if an opponent has bet already or if I am reraised if the calculated pot is large enough? Or should I fold to a bet before me.

I'd really appreciate some pointers here. :)

Cheers,
      Georg
  • 2 replies
    • Alaton
      Alaton
      Black
      Hi Georg and welcome to the board, don't hesitate to ask anything, we are glad to help you out!

1) Going all in here is totally right, TopPair with a good kicker is a "monster" hand for us as a shortstackplayer. He could bet out with many things, you shouldn't be too worried about it!

2) Yes, going All-In is fine here, you have a gutshot with 2 overcards, if you Contibet and he reraises you, you would have to call anyways..

3) This doesn't apply if you get reraised, but it applies if you get bet into, they don'T necesserally have anything and since you often have at least a good ace high (meaning 2 overcards) or a pair, going All-In is necessary since you will the best hand sometimes and the pot is too big already.
    • GeorgW
      GeorgW
      Bronze
      Thanks a lot Alaton, that really helped me!