This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10SH JJ on BU

• gavinonymous
      gavinonymous
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

CO is LAG-Maniac

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP2:
      $10.10
      MP3:
      $10.00
      CO:
      $8.80
      BU(Hero):
      $9.80
      SB:
      $9.20
      BB:
      $6.80

Preflop: Hero is BU with J, J.
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.6, Hero raises to $1.8, 2 folds, CO calls $1.20.

Flop: ($3.75) K, 9, A (2 players)
      CO bets $1.00, Hero raises to $3, CO raises to $7, Hero folds, CO gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $7.75.
  • 3 replies
    • Volrath89
      Volrath89
      Bronze
      If he is a maniac you shouldn't bluff him. And you played your hand as a pure bluff.

I'd have called preflop and probably calldown if the board fits. With this flop I might call a CBet but then fold to a 2nd barrel unimproved.

As played, if you raise him on the flop you should be ready to get it in imo.
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      3bet preflop is standard.

On the flop I would give it up though. I hate such donkbets, I very often raise them like you did, but I don't think you have enough fold equity on that flop. If you still think that he might donk out with air here you should raise him way bigger - like $5.5 - $6. By raising so small you're giving him good odds to draw if he's drawing and he'll call you with almost his whole range.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

I would likely also just fold it on flop, it will be hard for him to donk such flop with a lot worse hands, otherwise if you get into such spots again and different flop and you want to raise then raise it bigger, ~$5.50.

Best regards,
      Rensu